When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PO - perfect for the beach

Star69

Hmm my He Valve was opened when i got it a screw it in tight but still i woud be scared to go into the water (sea/pool). Does ure He Valves also unscrew that easy and what u did just screw it in and jumped in ? I woud love not to take the watch of when near water but if i leake it that woud just break my hart ...

regards laz

I can't imagine these watches NOT being waterproof. A $10 timex is waterproof to 30m, $30/$40 Fossil chronos are waterproof to 100m. Why wouldn't these high quality reps be? Just for kicks I dropped a $20 Rolex rep I bought on the streets of NYC in a cup of water and left it overnight, in the morning, no leaks. I won't hesitate to swim with my UPO, but my HE does screw down pretty tight, which makes me a little more at ease.

I can't imagine these watches NOT being waterproof. A $10 timex is waterproof to 30m, $30/$40 Fossil chronos are waterproof to 100m. Why wouldn't these high quality reps be? Just for kicks I dropped a $20 Rolex rep I bought on the streets of NYC in a cup of water and left it overnight, in the morning, no leaks. I won't hesitate to swim with my UPO, but my HE does screw down pretty tight, which makes me a little more at ease.

I dropped my new 4th generation 42mm PO in 180 degree water to test waterproofness. I saw a couple of bubbles coming out of the HE valve even though it came in the mail screwed down tight. I don't know if those bubbles were residual air or an actual leak, I didn't keep it in long enough to find out. Any other suggestions for home testing waterproofness?

I went swimming in the ocean with my Alpha PO, no problems there and that's a $30 watch!