When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Strap Advice

vlydog

I am a newcomer to Replica Watch Group but have been doing exhaustive research in preparation to buy my first ever PAM; my first ever REP for that matter. I have narrowed my choices down to the 127 and the 217. My question today concerns the strap and more specifically the size strap that fits these models. I want to start collecting a few straps before I purchase the watch(es). I know, I am putting the cart before the horse, but I have the fever.

Best, Vlydog

I am a newcomer to Replica Watch Group but have been doing exhaustive research in preparation to buy my first ever PAM; my first ever REP for that matter. I have narrowed my choices down to the 127 and the 217. My question today concerns the strap and more specifically the size strap that fits these models. I want to start collecting a few straps before I purchase the watch(es). I know, I am putting the cart before the horse, but I have the fever.

Best, Vlydog

Ah, yes. The Fiddy. This watch is a beast. You need 26mm straps for it. Since you didn't mention a price range I'll just throw out my two favorite strap makers knowing that they might be a bit expensive for your tastes...

http://www.vintagerstraps.com - The guy's name is Micah and his straps are incredible. Easily the softest straps I own, and yet also among the thickest (a desirable quality to me). I have a Copperplate and a Carrier. They're both fantastic and would look great on a Fiddy.

http://gregstraps.blogspot.com - The guy's name is Greg Stevens. Probably the most popular strap in Paneristi land right now. I have a Crazy Horse and have a black on my wishlist. Greg straps, IMO, are second to none. The Crazy Horse is my work horse strap. :)

On the low end, you can look up BOB and DON straps. Lower quality, lower price.

Enjoy. Straps are as big an addiction as PAMs themselves... Maybe bigger.

Ah, yes. The Fiddy. This watch is a beast. You need 26mm straps for it. Since you didn't mention a price range I'll just throw out my two favorite strap makers knowing that they might be a bit expensive for your tastes...

http://www.vintagerstraps.com - The guy's name is Micah and his straps are incredible. Easily the softest straps I own, and yet also among the thickest (a desirable quality to me). I have a Copperplate and a Carrier. They're both fantastic and would look great on a Fiddy.

http://gregstraps.blogspot.com - The guy's name is Greg Stevens. Probably the most popular strap in Paneristi land right now. I have a Crazy Horse and have a black on my wishlist. Greg straps, IMO, are second to none. The Crazy Horse is my work horse strap. :)

On the low end, you can look up BOB and DON straps. Lower quality, lower price.

Enjoy. Straps are as big an addiction as PAMs themselves... Maybe bigger.

Generous and valuable advice, Thank you!

personally, i think the 217 belongs on a europelli black shell cordovan w/ gold stitching (see subzero1's pics here)...

237786-10752.jpg

Yes... I'll vouch for the shell cord for the 217... you can't get much better unless maybe an MP or Dirk black with copper/gold stitch. White or off-white stitch would also go well with either.

For the 127 Fiddy, I would also recommend a europelli shell cord, but maybe in caramel or tan...

All in all, there are many great straps available for both watches... one thing's for sure, you'll need more than one! Welcome to the madness!