When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

stop this "my demaged asia 7750" threads

t

I recently serviced one of the new 7750's myself and I found it to be of very good quality, and easy to service. It would be running perfectly for the next 5 years on my wrist if it weren't for my own clumsiness that damaged it on final assembly. What we need is for the old 7750 to be phased out and all reps to come with the new 28800 bph 7750. One improvement I would like to see however is hand post sizes that match the swiss version. If this were the case I would be just buying some swiss parts right now instead of scrapping the movement. For some illogical reason the old version took the same hand sizes as the Swiss but the improved version does not.

I recently serviced one of the new 7750's myself and I found it to be of very good quality, and easy to service. It would be running perfectly for the next 5 years on my wrist if it weren't for my own clumsiness that damaged it on final assembly. What we need is for the old 7750 to be phased out and all reps to come with the new 28800 bph 7750. One improvement I would like to see however is hand post sizes that match the swiss version. If this were the case I would be just buying some swiss parts right now instead of scrapping the movement. For some illogical reason the old version took the same hand sizes as the Swiss but the improved version does not.

I prefer the older slower beat Asian 7750 because of the hand sizes not being an issue - a simple one to one swap with an ETA 7750 was simple. Not so with the current Asian 7750 :(

I would prefer to get the watches WITHOUT a movement and just put an ETA 7750 once it arrives :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I think it is a litle more complex than the newest is the best. There are multiple A7750 movements being made at different factories. So in effect your watch has to have the right movement from the right factory. I am with RepAustria in thinking that we are not enough of a dent in the market for manufacturers to upgrade. What it will do however is force our dealers to make sure what is in the models they are buying.h

I think it is a litle more complex than the newest is the best. There are multiple A7750 movements being made at different factories. So in effect your watch has to have the right movement from the right factory. I am with RepAustria in thinking that we are not enough of a dent in the market for manufacturers to upgrade. What it will do however is force our dealers to make sure what is in the models they are buying.h

Very good point indeed.

This is very true. If the information given to us by a dealer in a recent topic was correct, we make up but a handful of sales, the majority being Malaysia etc... If we boycott the Asian 7750, it won't achieve much, maybe a tighter QC by our dealers on the products they are selling. I have had no problems with all of my 7750's, and like any mechanical watch, a service at some point is a must.

If we all look after our 7750's, then we can run them problem free for the foreseeable future! I'm not certain if this is still availasble, but a while ago I asked about having a Bentley GT serviced before purchase. It put the price up a fair, but this service by the dealers would at least allow us to know our Asian 7750 is oiled properly. As far as I can remmber The Zigmeister also mentioned that once serviced, there is no reason why these Asian movements should pack in before an ETA.