When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Here is my Franken Submariner!

elprimerozen

Hi to all! Its a frankensub from gentelman "repaustria" the watch is now travelling to me from repaustria and the pics are just a kandy!

So some info before it comes to me about the watch:

Is said to be a TW case,case back and bezel assembly,the crystal is very good , as we can see the crown at 6 is perfect.The pearl is gen and with a liltle creamy tone.Date font is so perfect!The dials are a new print form,and are very good!repaustria is saing the the dials are one of the best that he has seen!The oyster band is refinished and oiled and it looks and feels perfect!

On the hands repaustria put a glossy layer of clear varnish on them to make them appear more genuine/rounded.The crown is from e-bay!

The watch is now waterproofed.extracted the tube and reinstalled it with Loctite Red

The caseback and crown have received new greased O-Rings.The case can fit a Rolex 3035 movement.

It doesn't use the normal brass coloured spacer ring all normal Subs come

with. It does come with a silver spacer ring, which is bigger in diameter -

And it does fit a 3035 movement.

These are some info that repaustria send me for this watch!

I would like to thank him as he gave me a full support info during the modifications and a superfast delivery!

I have nothing to sayabout Oliver...he is a real gentelman and a superb proffesional.

My regards to all RWG members!

EPZ.

With my respect to an old member like you, but this is not genuine nor a franken watch. Does not contain any genuine parts to be called franken...

Sorry my comment but i love genuine watches as well as reps...Let's don't mix them...

Wear it well!

EPZ, if it's not too late, perhaps Repustria can polish the dial spacer ring. The dull finish on the rep spacer is caused by dirt (more like a haze from the factory). Clean with tiny bit of fine metal polishing paste or Cape Cod and it makes a huge difference. The small details add up. :)

Post some close up pics when you get a chance.

@spa - before commenting - do your homework by learning what a Franken is. You can take your watch, drill two screws in and then call it Frankenstein.

Be sure i've done my homework. I've got many "franken" reps, there are scratches on them which you'll never find in other reps or gens. I call them Frankenstein watches...

@Jetsons - what dull finish are you referring too? There is two rings - brass coloured and silver coloured- there is no dirt in this watch... as it arose completely from parts.

Oli. I was referring to the rehaut metal spacer.

I don't have a before photo but my TW's dial spacer ring was duller prior to a light polish/cleaning. :)

238309-10613.jpg

There is no need to argue about this thread!Oliver put a lot of time and a lot of work to complete this beautyfull watch for me!He gave me a great feed back about the proces(with pics)

This watch came alive from a lot of parts,this is not easy for someone to do it!So oliver made this a reality!The watch looks great...and there is no dust in the watch!He made many things on this project...practical this is a 100% hand made watch..and im prrety sure that its very hard to make a watch to look so nice from nothing! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

As for me im very pleased with this watch...and above all things Oliver is a real Gentelman.

The watch in my opinion its a frankenwatch since it came alive from zero base!

Thanks again oliver!