When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

FM Conquistador - Old School 2893 with the trimmings

Watchmeister

Dug up my old FM and shipped it off to Ziggy. Once he confirmed it was Swiss 2892 I had him do the mods. Gen dial relumed by Ziggy, hands repainted with the mystery paint from the Ford Automotive Company (big thanks to Archibald) and getting rid of that dab of red on the second hand. Date font still needs work and now I have to find a strap and buckle but it is stunning. The dial and lume just pop.

238323-10607.jpg

238323-10608.jpg

238323-10609.jpg

238323-10610.jpg

Just beautiful

I have the same watch,and a Black faced one as well, both with swiss 2892 movements as well. Im looking to replace the rep dial with a gen dial but cant find them anywhere. There used to be a few on Ebay but now none!! I wish i had bought a few when i saw them.

Enjoy its a beauty, forget about getting another the bracelet and the buckle, the face of the watch is the most important part.

Unbelievable work by The Zigmeister--painting watch hands and luming a Muller dial have to be two of the hardest procedures in rep watchsmithing. I bet not even the folks at the Muller factory lume dials by hand. Yet another excellent addition to the best rep collection on earth. Dudes, kruzer's too modest to admit it but with attention to detail, perserverence, and patience he has taken rep collecting to it's highest level. That Conquistador is one of about 10 watches that he and The Zigmeister have brought to the most accurate level humanly possible.

For those w/ white dial Mullers, that hand color makes all the difference--the out-of-the-box blue rep hands are a 1/10 second tell for a collector. I forgot the color #--it's the darkest blue Ford makes. Funny story: when I selected the color I brought a set of OEM Breguet hands that looked about the same color as OEM muller hands over to AutoZone (after burning through all the Testors paint @ Micheals)and stood there painting lines on their paint rack then putting the hands up against the paint. The guy came over to see what I was doing and instead of kicking me out actually got into helping me compare. BTW, Chevrolet makes a slightly darker blue, but since the Ford paint had the letters "FM" in front of the number I took it as a sign from God that I should buy that one...

This one rises to the top of the collection as the lume work and hand painting is beautifully done. FM's are pretty basic with the beauty all in the dials and hands. The numbers on the gen dial are very cool to the eye but have to be a nightmare to relume. Now all I need is a strap and a buckle.;)

well you could post at least one lume shot as tribute to the hard work that's been done there...indeed, kruzer has got a pretty impressive collection....his love towards reps...all the mods done...bring the rep collecting to another level...compliments on the fine watch!

Thanks for the kind words. I would love to do lume shots but I know nothing about how to take those pictures. I have wonderful tools Pentax A-20 and Nikon D-80 but I never made it through the instruction booklets. I do have a tripod though. I think there is currently a shirt hanging on it. :lol: Seriously, if anyone has one of these cameras tell me what settings.