When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch suggestions as a present for a sailor friend (no cheap jokes,please)

montydog

The guy who decided that the Asian SFSO should have a mineral crystal without AR is a moron.....

Would you like it affordable?

It's a good trade-off, if you ask me. The AR sapphire makes it, without a doubt, but can't be cheap.

Just can't afford 308$+ 35$ + 45$ (leather strap)... That's 388$.. :( Asian version is 248$ incl. strap&handling... Still too much for just for a Asian Movement rep with mineral crystal.. and IMO saphire crystal can't be that expensive... it is used in all the Noobmariners who are quite cheap... the VIPmariner from RWI is even 80$ shipped... no idea about AR... :(

If you get the SS bracelet version, you've no issue with the strap, as the bracelet seems to be very good. Of course, if you're a leather fan, it's an other topic.

Well, I still DO think that the white without AR might be more than good. I have many watches with a white dial, all without AR, and they look definitely better than the black ones without AR...