When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

keyless works

Torques

ok many know me by now and know i type as i speak , plain english and no big words , but im guessing now u guys know me and can understand me , well at least i hope u can lol what i will be showing u is how i fix the release mechanism if u push it out of the socket so to speak, this one was pretty bad he bent some things i had to straighten out and piece back together, ok lets start , remember my pointer is the screwdriver ok

first of all u take the hands , dial and datewheel off , this is a mbw, so there is glue to tend with and u have to be really careful while taking the dial off or u could bend it

pic of the , hands ,dial, and datewheel and top of the movment once removed

239368-10395.jpg

im pointing with a screwdriver in this pic to show u the release spring for the datewheel u simply push it in to release it , also the big screw underneath my screwdriver/pointer i loosend a bit , reason for that will be coming up

239368-10396.jpg

this is how it looks when u push the stem release mechanism too hard notice how the sparts r bulging outward

239368-10397.jpg

now the fix, we have to remove the top plate , remove this screw

239368-10398.jpg

remember that screw below the datewheel release spring i said earlier u need to loosen but not remove here is why , when u do this it makes it easier to pull the top plate out

239368-10399.jpg

see the little lip on the top plate , it slides under that plate/big screw i loosened at the datewheel release spring , here is the little lip and where it slides under

239368-10400.jpg

239368-10401.jpg

now u have to loosen this screw and remove this piece , i dont know the correct name for this piece but u can see what im doing in the pic . also where that screw driver is do u see the bend in it, this where the person pushed really hard and bent this piece way on the other side , u really have to push it to achieve this bend lol hey he didnt know and i commend him trying to do some work himself , sometimes trying something is how u learn

239368-10402.jpg

another shot of the bend at the screw

239368-10403.jpg

ok now u have to remove the little arm im showing it simply pulls upwards off the post im pointing at

239368-10404.jpg

now u pull the stem release mechanism out to reposition in its correct place , like a puzzle

239368-10405.jpg

backside shot of the pusher , this post im showing is what u actually r pushing on to release the stem from the movment

239368-10406.jpg

now all u do is reverse everything i just showed u and put it back together some key points is in this pic, make sure this arm is around the little post on top of the release mechanism

239368-10407.jpg

and make sure u push the u shaped spring over to the side of the little metal piece im showing , it is spring action and when u push the stem in and out to change date or time , it helps push the arm up and down

239368-10408.jpg

after u get everything lined up and positioned correctly , u put your top plate back on like so making sure u slide the little lip back under that plate im showing and tighten that screw and put your top plate back in place and tighten it down

239368-10409.jpg

this is how it looks with it all in order and as u can see the bent parts r straight and looking good , lol

239368-10410.jpg

after pushing in and out the stem testing it now u can put your datewheel back on , u have to push in that little spring i showed u at the top to get the datewheel to lock in position

239368-10411.jpg

now it all works properly , and u can smile and now take a breath of air lol

enjoy , i know im not a english major and i never claimed to be, i tried to make it fun and simple for u to understand

just wanted u to know if u try this at home u have to have patience and if u r nervous or shakey i wouldnt recommend working on watches lol cheers

now for the best part after a job is completed ..... BEEEEEEERRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

239368-10412.jpg

This thread also has some keyless works pics here

I goofed my keyless works up and used Bazz pictures to fix it. Thank you by the way, Bazz.

At the time I was heart broken that I had just broke my watch. No worries now.

It was not very difficult and I had zero experience, so Bazz pictures and instructions must be pretty easy to follow.

In fact I thought I was reading it again. So thanks to you both.

If you feel comfortable removing the dial and hands, Go for it.

@ Torques

Joe went out of his way to help explain how to perform this task with pictorials, maybe some acknowledgment would be nice? if we dont acknowledge each other's work and time, soon, members will be less inclined to contribute to our community.

bazz, yours is great as well - maybe they should sticky that. Seems like a common problem.

Edited by Marrickvilleboy

@ Torques

Joe went out of his way to help explain how to perform this task with pictorials, maybe some acknowledgment would be nice? if we dont acknowledge each other's work and time, soon, members will be less inclined to contribute to our community.

bazz, yours is great as well - maybe they should sticky that. Seems like a common problem.

Who made you my mother?

• 4 years later...

Why is it that I cannot see Bazz's post on keyless works? I need a good tutorial for this, as the 2836-2 Asian clone movement is doing the same thing. I also may have the same issue on the 2846 movement after taking the stem out in the date change position. Thanks in advance.

E