When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

bentley and ferrari without having the car?

frankpower88

So if you have a Yachtmaster watch, does it follow suit that one should also have a yacht? I hardly think so. :rolleyes:

if that rule holds true (ferrari; bentley; yacht-master), then

since I own a super avenger, should I be some type of superhero? or what about owning the GMT-master? Do I control time? How about a JLC Master Compressor? Maybe I like to play with air!

Oh and you all must have forgotten the Girard-Perregaux BMW Oracle line, the Special Editions of the Offshore (JPM, RB, Jay-Z, Alinghi)

Oh and do you all think if I wore the RAID BR01-92, will people ask me if I'm a french cop vacationing in the US?

I know, I'm being silly, but the thread was becoming one and the same.

I agree that life is short. But it's too short to have bad taste!

Personally, I would not wear a BMW t-shirt unless I had one. But that's just me.

Conversely, who the hell cares what other people think.

I agree with this 100%, despite it's conflicting messages. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Here's my thinking:

As a woman, I will probably never have this psychological problem unless Ferrari comes out with a pink car aimed expressly towards the female market. Ditto the Bentley. Moreover, I am not attracted to the existing Ferrari PAMs, thinking them clunky and ill-suited to the famed sleek lines of a Ferrari. The Breitling is just too masculine in general, in any version.

But as I say this, I'm also thinking -- who cares? An hommage to anything isn't tacky, nor is desiring to have something tied to that hommage ridiculous just because you don't have the original. If that were the case, no one would collect Elvis memoribilia. :black_eye:

I once saw a man, aged in his early 30s, at my local shopping plaza parking lot wearing a red Ferrari shirt and hat.

He drove a Hyundai. Granted, a red one.

The whole event made me chuckle...

I do not like wearing clothing with automotive emblems, even high-end watches - it looks a little 'trailer park' if you ask me.

Also, TTK, I don't know if 'presence' and 'charisma' are the two words I would chose to describe you and your personality! ;-)

Also, TTK, I don't know if 'presence' and 'charisma' are the two words I would chose to describe you and your personality! ;-)

There's a lot that you don't know.....but that's probably down to your single brain cell being overcooked trying to think of how to respond to me withoit gettin' yer ass toasted again......!

I know, I'm being silly, but the thread was becoming one and the same.

soo true...this is a silly thread....

the only thing one "should be" when wearing any kind of watch(rep or gen)...is to be able to read the time!!!!

no need for cars, t-shirts, hats, cats, dogs.... :bicycle:

Edited by dadog13

single brain cell being overcooked trying to think of how to respond to me withoit gettin' yer ass toasted again......!

ROTFLMAO

Well... I must be damned insecure (but methinks not)... I couldn't wear a Ferrari watch (or hat or T shirt), real or rep, unless I owned one... that's just how I am.

I also wouldn't wear an IWC AMG, or one of those Fortis chronos with the air squadron insignia on them... or a T shirt with 101st Airborne.. for me, it would be implying that I have, or have had, a 'strong' relationship with the outfit represented by the logo... and I don't... so I won't :whistling:

If the Ferrari watch had no 'Ferrari' name or logo... I'd ear it in a minute, it's a beautiful watch... the Bentley is waaay too blingy for rough/casual ol' me though.