When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Inspired by a real Pam

ettienne

Here is a work in progress inspired by a panerai I saw called a "SLOB". For those who haven't seen the link, this is a real pam that some looney collector flew around the world to find and verify. I thought it looked very unique and I wanted to replicate it. I may change the dial but don't want another 111 dial so I'll see what options looks best. The dial in there now was an 005 that I superlumed and then messed up so I sort of went overboard trashing it. I thought it worked in this bronze plated case. The CG is also bronze, just muddier because of the plating method. The SLOB has a plexi crystal but seeing how that scratches and for the moment I have an AR sapphire, I am going to stay with that. I will eventually replace the dial when I find the right one.

here is the SLOB link: http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/mess...er-+Have+a+look

post-797-1177734712_thumb.jpg

post-797-1177734733_thumb.jpg

Here is a work in progress inspired by a panerai I saw called a "SLOB". For those who haven't seen the link, this is a real pam that some looney collector flew around the world to find and verify. I thought it looked very unique and I wanted to replicate it. I may change the dial but don't want another 111 dial so I'll see what options looks best. The dial in there now was an 005 that I superlumed and then messed up so I sort of went overboard trashing it. I thought it worked in this bronze plated case. The CG is also bronze, just muddier because of the plating method. The SLOB has a plexi crystal but seeing how that scratches and for the moment I have an AR sapphire, I am going to stay with that. I will eventually replace the dial when I find the right one.

here is the SLOB link: http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/mess...er-+Have+a+look

sure looks rusty! i like it :) different from the usual.. looks like it's been sitting at the bottom of the atlantic for 30 years!

Heh...well I have to admire your testicles, etienne. Just keep going, can't wait to see the finished result. You are a true pioneer. BTW I've started the La Spezia project. Gonna take a while though...

Great I look forward to it. How do you plan to get the print on the dial?

Great and bold project, congrats!

Just get rid of that logo.

As for the crystal, have a look at cousinsuk, they have tons of different crystals. Maybe you may find a domed glass that fits the need.

• 1 year later...