When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Bezel

I honestly use a little bit of Olive Oil, and I apply it with a Qtip. I've freed up countless vintage OEM bezel assemblies using this method.

Sometimes it is best to somewhat reshape the assembly if it is extraordinarily tight. I also replace the flat bezel springs on the old genuine assemblies. I grease 'em up with Olive Oil prior to reassembly.

Guest avitt

I smoothed mine out by polishing the contact surfaces (a few years worth of removal with various tools had caused some drag inducing nicks). Also, I pushed down my hollow end links, which were lifting up to make contact with the bezel. As a final step, I used some dry graphite lubricant.

After everything is assembled, I recommend turning the bezel a few times every day for a while.

These steps brought mine to silky push-and-turn smoothness.

I use dielectric grease , looks like clear silicone but never dries , I also use this on all my gaskets too as it repels water real good ..

It's main use was on car parts like spark plug boots , distributor caps and so on ...

Zed

Two options that I know of:

Option 1 (easy and cheap). Stop by a local dive shop and pick up a small container of silicone grease. Use that.

Option 2 (more difficult and way more expensive). Search online for Crystolube 111. This is a halon based lubricant that contains molecular teflon.

The silicone grease will work well, but will have to be re-done periodically, as it can be washed away eventually. Temperature sensitive (will melt pretty easy).

The Crystolube 111 is fantastic and is not affected by soap, water, or petroleum based products. Get it on your fingers and you will have to wipe it away. It is oxygen safe. Not temperature sensitive.

Either of these two products are as good as it gets for lubricating "O" rings and sub bezels. I use Crystolube.

Bill.

• 2 weeks later...