When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

45mm PO from Silix Prime $200

montydog

As I said above, precicely what is wrong with it?

you actually answered this yourself (but left out that it's a mineral crystal and therefore will get scratches over time, which is probably the most relevant point)

the HE is too high... The bracelet clasp (which will be removed anyway) is too flat... There isn't any AR coating... The mechanism is unknown...

for me, this is the biggest point....why get a crappier watch when you can get a much more accurate version for $33 more, not to mention the other considerations.

Why would I expect the RWG member to make things right? That's an utterly ludicrous point to make.

the whole point of this forum is to help ensure people don't get ripped off. something goes poorly, people post about it here and it gets made right. my point was that you won't have that protection buying from an off-forum dealer.

Also, something that is being forgotten, is that cqout is an eBay-like entity, and the dealers there would be accountable for any poor deals.

if you think you'll be getting a refund from cqout from a misrepresented replica watch, i think you're fooling yourself.

I'm only trying to throw options into the mix for people. If they aren't going to be welcomed, then I simply won't bother in future.

i think you'd find a more welcome response here if you were to buy the watch from the dealer, take pictures and write a review about your experience. even then, given the lack of formal relationship with this particular dealer and the board, i think you'll find that most people here would rather stick to our trusted collectors than save $33 for an inferior product. maybe i'm wrong.

deltatahoe

you actually answered this yourself (but left out that it's a mineral crystal and therefore will get scratches over time, which is probably the most relevant point)

To be honest, that doesn't really worry me. If the crystal was to get so scratched as to be unreadable, then fair enough, but a few hair-fine scratches here and there, I've put up with that on watches all my life, it really wouldn't bother me.

for me, this is the biggest point....why get a crappier watch when you can get a much more accurate version for $33 more, not to mention the other considerations.

Quite simply, because I do not care about accuracy. Why would I want a more accurate watch if I don't care about the accuracy? As I mentioned, it does not read Qmega Seameister, and that is the level a flaw must be for me to really care about it.

the whole point of this forum is to help ensure people don't get ripped off. something goes poorly, people post about it here and it gets made right. my point was that you won't have that protection buying from an off-forum dealer.

Seeing as the Cartel misrepresent their products, and they are still not only tollerated, but respected, on the forum, I cannot see the issue. Why think it is okay to accept one groups lies, but not anothers? (especially when the other party have not actually been proven to have lied)

If you think you'll be getting a refund from cqout from a misrepresented replica watch, i think you're fooling yourself.

How do you know that though? Have you had any negative experiences from a cqout dealer? As I said several times, this watch is not being misrepresented. I would only expect a refund if there was a problem the dealer was unable to rectify. As before, there is no evidence that the dealer cannot make good their promises.

i think you'd find a more welcome response here if you were to buy the watch from the dealer, take pictures and write a review about your experience.

That's probably a very likely point. When I eventually get the watch, I will do precicely that.

even then, given the lack of formal relationship with this particular dealer and the board, i think you'll find that most people here would rather stick to our trusted collectors than save $33 for an inferior product. maybe i'm wrong.

deltatahoe

Again, some of the 'trusted collectors', are really not that trustworthy, and this forum is not supposed to have any relationship with dealers. It is only supposed to advise, not endorse...

As I said, I appreciate the points being made, but, as I said, 100% accuracy is not a concern to me, there are dealers here I simply do not trust, and at present, price is a prime factor, so I am seeing precicely what is available for lower prices from other dealers. Ultimately, unless people are prepared to take chances on alternative dealers, then no one is ever going to know any different.