When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What is your biggest complaint about Reps?

Jawo

What flaw bugs your most about reps?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Your biggest complaint about reps

• Pearl Quality / Location
    • Bezel Alignment
    • Strap / Bracelet Quality
    • Dial Quality / Accuracy
    • Date Font Alignment / Accuracy
    • Caseback Quality / Accuracy
    • AR Coating or Lack Of
    • Water Resistance or Lack Of
    • Reliabilty of Movement

Is being waterproof to 2000 ft and having a modified ETA movement or co-axial bla bla bla worth $3000 retail more than a rep. Not to me.

Hmm ... You're after the look as opposed to the function then.

A Planet Ocean with its Co-Axial movement is quartz-accurate. The fact that the gen has amazing lume and you can dive with it as well is nice, but not as nice as the warranty. :D

Hmm ... You're after the look as opposed to the function then.

A Planet Ocean with its Co-Axial movement is quartz-accurate. The fact that the gen has amazing lume and you can dive with it as well is nice, but not as nice as the warranty. :D

You're exactly right! I don't expect a cheap rep. to function exactly like an expensive gen. I think that is part of the problem with many of the complaints I read here.

I love my Planet Ocean rep. but I would never pay that much for a gen. I personally don't care about lume. I know it's a big deal to alot of people but not me. I have no need to see what time it is at night, I have an alarm clock for that.

As far as diving goes, I wouldn't want to take a gen. in the ocean anyway. I always think "what if". I jumped in with my old Datejust on once and thought "oh sh#t". I only gave $900.00 for it but if by some chance it leaked, it would be bad! I had the crystal replaced locally so I'm not totally sure it's waterproof. I'm not a diver but if I was, a good quality digital would be more functional anyway. I'm sure very few professional divers use Rolexes. Probably more like a Suunto or something I would guess.

As far as accuracy goes, I only wear the same watch about a week at the most. I don't have a winder so ETA accuracy is good enough.

I really enjoy my reps. and enjoy moding them. It has become an interesting hobby. There's not much of a hobby with genuines other than collecting. :)

Edited by predfan2001

You're exactly right! I don't expect a cheap rep. to function exactly like an expensive gen. I think that is part of the problem with many of the complaints I read here.

I love my Planet Ocean rep. but I would never pay that much for a gen. I personally don't care about lume. I know it's a big deal to alot of people but not me. I have no need to see what time it is at night, I have an alarm clock for that.

As far as diving goes, I wouldn't want to take a gen. in the ocean anyway. I always think "what if". I jumped in with my old Datejust on once and thought "oh sh#t". I only gave $900.00 for it but if by some chance it leaked, it would be bad! I had the crystal replaced locally so I'm not totally sure it's waterproof. I'm not a diver but if I was, a good quality digital would be more functional anyway. I'm sure very few professional divers use Rolexes. Probably more like a Suunto or something I would guess.

As far as accuracy goes, I only wear the same watch about a week at the most. I don't have a winder so ETA accuracy is good enough.

I really enjoy my reps. and enjoy moding them. It has become an interesting hobby. There's not much of a hobby with genuines other than collecting. :)

Everyone has their likes and dislikes with reps and gens, I think reps are perfect for you. This hobby will definitely save you more than those who try a rep to get a feel for the gen, or those who buy a mixture of reps and gens, etc etc :thumbsupsmileyanim: