When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Navitimer Serie Speciale Swiss 7750 pictures.... PART 2

NaviChief

Pls honestly tell me is it worth spending that much on swiss for this serie special edition navitimer....cuz i have orderd one for my self from PT but it is not brushed nor it is swiss movment.....and obv im not spending 888$ but pls help me out here....is it really worth spending dat much on a replica....and besides i wont be using its chronos atall....so if i dun touch them atall....do i have a chance of releability in my A7750 navitimer for atleast couple of years or less....and some one told me that even if ur navitimer is polished u can get it brushed by any jewler shop....is it possible?? and i heard some of them in GEN also come polished....so normally how many ppl remembers that special edition comes brushed and normal one comes polished....just a thought ;) but pls help me out here....

Personally, I would buy the Asian movement, and have it serviced by The Zigmeister, or wait until the movement collapses and get an ETA installed. When I say this, it doesn't mean it is inevitable. I have many Asian 7750 movements, none of which have been serviced and they all work fine. The brushing of the S/S can be done by yours truly. A scotch pad does the job, another member did just that and it looked very good!

The limited edition fighters were brushed finished, all those that weren't would have been a polished finish.

This is the old 21k version with the ETA swapped in before I bought it in a private sale. According to The Zigmeister the 28k serviced by him should run just as long and well as the ETA. The only thing I would be worried about is the availability of parts if something breaks....now and even more as each year passes. ETA parts should be around for a long time unless they replace the design soon.

As far as the brushed versus polished thing goes...I think the brushed looks great and is true to the original. However, I have no plans to do it to mine as I love the polished look. I actually give it some extra shine pretty often!

The Navitimer and SFSO are both beautiful watches, in fact I would own every Breitling if I could, but the Navi is a very different style watch from the SFSO. I guess the first one to buy would be the one that "speaks" to you most!

so lets just say if i get my navitimer FE soon....and i give it to The Zigmeister ...woud he fix the shiny subdials?? are the original sub dials less shiney or white or silver....?? and wwat esle can he add or fix in my navitimer....pls help

so lets just say if i get my navitimer FE soon....and i give it to The Zigmeister ...woud he fix the shiny subdials?? are the original sub dials less shiney or white or silver....?? and wwat esle can he add or fix in my navitimer....pls help

The subdials on the current 28k version are not overly shiny, they are perfect. Also, you might hear that the subdial hands should be black, but the genuine did come with silver hands as well, so that is your preference. The Zigmeister could superlume the hands and dial if you like, however the navi does not have much lume on it anyway. Servicing the movement would be great, but some say wait for the watch to start showing problems before you spend the money to service it....it might just last five years as it is! Brushing the case and bracelet is something you could do yourself, but perhaps you could persuede The Zigmeister to do that as well. Finally, the AR on the reps are not close to being as strong as the gen. You might consider having The Zigmeister remove the crystal and sending it for a double AR coating in one of chieftang's runs. Perhaps there are a couple more things I am forgetting, but that is a pretty good list of what The Zigmeister might do for you. I am not saying that is what you will need to have a beautiful watch.....that comes standard! Be sure to let us know what you choose.