When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sombody stop me ....

rag9fx

I normally just buy two watches a year ... thats right only two a year ... however, since i have joined here i have bought four watches.... three of which are reps ... ( and i have been here less then a year i believe)

anyway no sooner then i bought my Daytona ... I am eyeing up a Breitling GMT Navitimer ... seems like a really good all-rounder... if i buy this it would be my fifth watch this year and i would have exceeded my rep budget ... and dare i say its a Breitling - everytime i buy a non- rolex i feel like i am cheating ...

oh dear what to do...

Am i being excessive ?

Rags

I normally just buy two watches a year ... thats right only two a year ... however, since i have joined here i have bought four watches.... three of which are reps ... ( and i have been here less then a year i believe)

anyway no sooner then i bought my Daytona ... I am eyeing up a Breitling GMT Navitimer ... seems like a really good all-rounder... if i buy this it would be my fifth watch this year and i would have exceeded my rep budget ... and dare i say its a Breitling - everytime i buy a non- rolex i feel like i am cheating ...

oh dear what to do...

Am i being excessive ?

Rags

No, not at all. I've had the bug for less than 3 months and I've got 3 reps already and the shortlist keeps growing.................

If you have the money and buying/owning reps floats your boat, what's the harm? Better than spending it on booze and fags

M

Am i being excessive ?

Rags

I think the best answer has already been given:

Provided that you're not spending money you don't have, go for it.

I have six more definite watch purchasses planned, (Three of those are as parts donors for my planned GMT Submariner project, one is a donor for my 2531.80 project) There are also a couple of watches I'm thinking about getting as well. And three I need to get as gifts. Having an allocated budged is okay, it's even okay to go 'over budget' if the money to do so is still available, so I'd echo Teddy's statement: Only spend what you can truly afford to spend, and you won't go wrong :)

Hmmm.... the guess the issue is that i try to confine myself to 'must have' buys; the watches that i have wanted for quite some time that i haven't been able to pick up for one reason or the other. I have to say that i have admired the Navitimer from afar but it has never been 'a must have watch' when i start buying things on impulse is where it all goes down hill for me! I think i will try to behave myself and see if the Brietling reaches 'must have" status.... mean while pass the Wisatrin

for those who are interested my must have list is this :

111h, rolex prince (tiger striped) c. 30's, Rolex Bubble back (steel w/ arabic dail and sub sec's c. 40's, rlx 5513 california dial .

Hmmm.... the guess the issue is that i try to confine myself to 'must have' buys; the watches that i have wanted for quite some time that i haven't been able to pick up for one reason or the other. I have to say that i have admired the Navitimer from afar but it has never been 'a must have watch' when i start buying things on impulse is where it all goes down hill for me! I think i will try to behave myself and see if the Brietling reaches 'must have" status.... mean while pass the Wisatrin

for those who are interested my must have list is this :

111h, rolex prince (tiger striped) c. 30's, Rolex Bubble back (steel w/ arabic dail and sub sec's c. 40's, rlx 5513 california dial .

Ahh, that makes sense. I'm not one for impulse buys either. These are the watches that are my immediate 'must haves'

Omega Planet Ocean 45mm,

Omega Aqua Terra (with Planet Ocean hands)

Panerai Luminor Marina

Rolex GMT Submariner (project built from 3 watches)

Rolex Oyster Perpetual 6200 (Built from Submariner left over from GMTSub project)

As Gifts:

Chanel j12 White (mother in law)

Hublot Big Bang Aspen (fiance)

Panerai Luminor Marina (father in law)

Even though my Omega 2531.80 project watch was the first project I started on, I'm not as enthused about the project as I was, and that's lower down on my 'must do' list.

And don't ask somebody stop me.

The only one who can stop you is FBI.

Falling into the 'somebody stop me' trap was the only thing to make some serial killers being caught.

:D