When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hublot BigBang in white

TeeJay

I'm planning on getting my fiance one, and wondered if it was an offered model, or if it's 100% fantasy. Wouldn't matter if it is fantasy, because she likes how it looks, but I was just curious. Also, how is the brand name pronounced? I'm guessing it's not Hub - Lot, and wondered if it was Who Blow, or something entirely different like Hub Blow or Whob Lot?

Try "(h)yuuuublow". :lol: No, seriously. There is a white HBB. You don't have any pics of what you are looking at though so we can't comment. You could also consider the white ceramic Chanel J12.

Thanks for the clarification on pronunciation. Hugh Blow . Gotcha :) This is the item in question:

White BB

I'm sure it's probably 100% fantasy, but, my fiance's not a watch fanatic, so that wouldn't matter to her. As for the Chanel J12, she's already got one of those, although it's now custom fit onto a white leather cuff-style strap :)

Teejay-

Here is the gen:

http://www.lacotedesmontres.com/Hublot-Big...res-No_5661.htm

It is 41mm so it is made for women. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks for the link, it's interesting to compare the two watches. I have to admit, I actually prefer the rep as all the subdials have a function, and there isn't a date window, whereas on the gen, the '3' subdial is blank, and the date window looks like an 'afterthought' rather than a considered part of the original design... On the gen's side however, the material of the case is much finer quality, and those 'screws' on the bezel are more interesting than the regular screws on the rep... Thanks for the comparitive link, I think I'll definitely be getting the rep :):thumbsupsmileyanim:

Yes... with a "silent" H

Well, best thing is to hear it.

That does not work really for me, maybe for you.

http://www.chronometrie.com/watchsounds/watchsoundspage.htm

Thanks for the link, it worked fine :) I think I've got the pronuciation worked out now :)

That's not too bad looking for an inexpensive rep. Do any of our dealers carry it?

It's pretty nice, isn't it. As I mentioned above, I actually prefer the dial layout to the genuine. I don't think any of the Usual Suspects carry it, but that doesn't really matter as there's already a source :)