When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Idea for a rep Fantasy Planet Ocean

r11co

Seeing this in an earlier thread has given me an idea..

23088-1534.jpg

Following my shennanigans with Andrew's suppliers and his 45mm Planet Ocean, I now have a complete, fully functioning but 'strapless' black bezel/faced PO assembled from the duffers I received plus some spare parts.

I fancy trying a redial with the orange numeral face of the 45mm rep and tracking down a black strap with orange stitching as shown above.

Watch this space....

Edited by r11co

You could buy a nice black strap with white topstitiching, then get a permanent Sharpie orange marker and dye the topstitching orange.

so is that watch above a Fantasy Photoshop watch? or is it real?

If this is real, i may have to buy my first Omega!

Speaking of reps of that watch, anyone know how far off the subdials would be on a 7750 version of the PO chrono?

There was a tutorial somewhere on restitching a PAM strap. Maybe get a cheap strap, restitch it for practice, then get a nice strap and do it up right with the orange stitching?

I'll try to see if I can find that post. It could be on old RWG still.

I have snake strap that is beautiful but poorly stitched that I would love to save. I didn't know we had instructions for such.

@poopy - the watch is real. Anounced at Basel this year. Dunno if it is in the shops yet though.

@archi - the dials would be bang-on, but the datewheel would be sunk (as per the 7750 pannys). A 7753 version would be 100%. ;)