When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 092 Arktos from Andrew

bres3000

I just bought this from Exper secondhand. I have to say the crown and CG are superb. The crown is the correct shape, looks fat, has the proper bevel and is hard up against the case with a good click on the lever. The CG crown cutout is also shallower so looks much more like a gen CG. What a pity about the movt . It could be changed for a valjoux 7750 if you could get hold of the 7750 versions hands. The bezel letters are laser cut so have a jagged edge, which is very sharp and could catch on clothing - ripping the letter off. The gen letters are properly finished on the sides and edges so this could do with some work. Otherwise its not bad for the money at all.

Pam 092 Arktos 'Special Edition' has no GMT hand, hands are black.

Pam 186 Arktos non-special edition has GMT function and hands are polished.

The new Arktos North Pole seems to have blue dial? Or my eyes are @#$-ed.

I would love to get the 186 if there is a decent rep.

It's just "fuzz" that I neglected to brush off before I shot the Pics!

ah...ok...bres3000 i understand. :p very good,because i orderd the same watch from trusty and when a saw your pics i was afraid that is glue,now i am happy that is only fuzz and the arktos looks great!hope my one will arrive next week!!!

happy easter and nice weekend

best regards

kai :D

Lovely shots ! black light really does a number on the lume.

Okay so after seeing these pictures I felt that my crown on the Silix version was a bit anorexic plus the fact that TWG says they are all super lume made me bite the bullet for one of his and sell the other during a bit of watch box cleaning as I figured price difference would only be about half of what id have to pay it have it re-lumed. Andrew's arrived yesterday and I'm slightly disappointed as the crown is the same size as the other, lume seems about the same as well - there is one noticeable difference though and that is the lettering on the bezel is a lot smoother and doesn't get caught as much. I guess moral of the story, grass is always greener, dont eat yellow snow or something like that and finepics got a great deal :)

Exellent pictures and watches BRES3000 :thumbsupsmileyanim: and I love the lume on that ARKTOS. Thanks for sharing this with us. It makes me think better of you :)

Bes happy

Gunnar :)

That looks fantastic. How's the datefont? Also, anyone know if the letters falling out issue has been resolved?

I am not sure about the date font because I never have been able to find a good pic of the real deal to compare with. But the date mag seems to be a little better than the 063 I used to own. the bezel letter/marker appears to be quite well glued and secure, for now anyway.

It makes me think better of you

Gran,

Your personal remark is both unnecessary and inappropriate. I believe that you did it either out of an obsessive-compulsive urge to be condescending and judgmental, or because you wanted to [censored] me off. Or both.

Just know this: Of all the members here who's opinion of me does matter, yours is not one.