When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

4th gen PO upgraded with Genuine Omega hands

I picked up a 4th gen PO from Steve G as my first rep about 3 months ago. Loved it until I read the rep hands were too small. Every time I would look at it, it bothered be. It got less wrist time as other reps came in. I decided to contact Vacuum (I'm CONUS), who told me $120 would get me Genuine Omega hands installed. The following pics are the before and after. The picture with the crown pulled out is the watch with genuine hands. The lume on the rep hands resembled the hour markers in the lume shot with the gen hands. The factory hands also have improved "silver outlining" in the sun at certain angles, something I haven't gotten a picture of yet. Overall, I'm pleased, and now I'm hunting for better band options, as I find the rep bracelet uncomfortable. Enough talk, here are the pictures:

247466-8313.jpg

247466-8314.jpg

247466-8315.jpg

Now you need a new dial so the lume matches the new hands. I too had thought about upgrading the hands and getting the gen clasp since the rep clasp isn't so good, but then I'll want to get a dial and then test for waterproof. Next thing you know, you've spent almost half the price of a gen. I like my PO rep so much that I might have to get a gen and wear it and then pass it down to my son. It's such a beautiful classic. I put my Orange PO on a black strap with orange stitching. The watch really stands out now! I've posted a pic of mine, hopefully it works. I'm assuming yours is a 42mm?

post-6185-1179345187_thumb.jpg

I bought the gen hands as well and had Marrick not only install the hands, but shift the Omega emblem up a bit (v4 had it right on top of the word Omega). Thinking of getting it relumed or maybe just getting the gen dial.

248123-8253.jpg

I bought the gen hands as well and had Marrick not only install the hands, but shift the Omega emblem up a bit (v4 had it right on top of the word Omega). Thinking of getting it relumed or maybe just getting the gen dial.

248793-8140.jpg

The logo still has the "feet" though. Ever think about this? There are bunches of Omega dials on eBay every week the have the correct "no feet" logo that sell from .99 to $9.99. I mean logos on all dials, not just Seamaster dials. This might be a way for us picky few to get the logo thing right.

Edited by predfan2001