When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

S*it Happens....EDIT: Thanks for helping out guys!

Dutchy

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Floris, What terrible luck. but something good has come of it.

Look at this response!

Its amazing and Im feeling much better. Though that feeling in your throat of someone taking your belongings is quite 'disturbing'. Anyway, I hope to try and put it in the past!

Thanks to all,

Floris

I remember ordering a $4900 coin from Germany, and it got lost in the mail, with no compensation.

I was just thinking about this statement made. I was just wondering (no flames starting from this please), why you did not have it insured? I realise insurance for a 5k item is a lot, but Im just curious as its not an illegal item, or did you figure that stating it was worth so much would increase the attention drawn to the item of being inspected and stolen? Although you would have insurance coverage.

Also, in regards to what slay said;

I believe it's purely a passion. Just like watches. Although you cant modify a coin like you can a watch, it stands for something. Whether it be history, whether it be power or whether it be an investment. Possibly even sentimental reasons/purposes.

Anyway, I found it interesting.

And on a seperate note thanks for all the support.

Best regards,

Floris

Dutchy, what happened to you is an example of "when bad things happen to good people." I am really sorry this has happened to you, but.... there is a bright side: at least you didn't lose a PAM.

Well Bres, it wasnt as much the money, even though that is a rough patch and an obstacle to me, but its the feeling. Whether it would have been a gen or not, its the feeling it gives of someone taking what belongs to you.

thanks for your support.

Floris

i am sorry for hearing that dutchy.

Also, thanks for the alarm, how can we protect ouserlves against these guys?

Thanks my friend.

I was EXTREMELY lucky and VERY VERY VERY fortunate thanks to you guys.

The thing about protecting ourselves? No idea...truly. It was meant as a 'warning' thread to all but just became a 'making up for it' thread by you guys!! THANKKKKKKS!!

On a seperate note:

The thing is, poverty is big here, but reading what thomasng and cwai wrote, stuff gets stolen everywhere. If you use reguular Air Mail, it may be safer as the packages are less likely to draw attention generally speaking (no labels necessary of whats inside). However, you'll never know where it is....no tracking usually.

If you go to UPS, FedEx, DHL, TNT, etc....well you know. Customs, theft, etc....but theres tracking to know whats going on.

Honestly, I dont know...

Floris

I was just thinking about this statement made. I was just wondering (no flames starting from this please), why you did not have it insured? I realise insurance for a 5k item is a lot, but Im just curious as its not an illegal item, or did you figure that stating it was worth so much would increase the attention drawn to the item of being inspected and stolen? Although you would have insurance coverage.

Also, in regards to what slay said;

I believe it's purely a passion. Just like watches. Although you cant modify a coin like you can a watch, it stands for something. Whether it be history, whether it be power or whether it be an investment. Possibly even sentimental reasons/purposes.

Anyway, I found it interesting.

And on a seperate note thanks for all the support.

Best regards,

Floris

You know what's really funny? It appears that the Post system doesn't insure coins, banknotes and the like for anything over $100 or something like that. It's total bullsh*t, therefore I pay lots of money for registered, and it doesn't arrived. And what did the post office do? Bupkis.

You know what's really funny? It appears that the Post system doesn't insure coins, banknotes and the like for anything over $100 or something like that. It's total bullsh*t, therefore I pay lots of money for registered, and it doesn't arrived. And what did the post office do? Bupkis.

Its terrible admin. It's probably because the post office wont take a loss like that if it does get lost?

Im very sorry once again!

Floris

The thing is, poverty is big here, but reading what thomasng and cwai wrote, stuff gets stolen everywhere. If you use reguular Air Mail, it may be safer as the packages are less likely to draw attention generally speaking (no labels necessary of whats inside). However, you'll never know where it is....no tracking usually.

Floris

yes, stuff gets stolen everywhere. You say you are living in venezuela, are you living in one of those residential areas with armed guards protected and all that stuff? only rich people in venezuela (well southamerica) can afford that, here in europe we dont need such things as you all know... However there have been assaults in my area recently :thumbdown: , always performed by military skilled east-european gangs.

yes, stuff gets stolen everywhere. You say you are living in venezuela, are you living in one of those residential areas with armed guards protected and all that stuff? only rich people in venezuela (well southamerica) can afford that, here in europe we dont need such things as you all know... However there have been assaults in my area recently :thumbdown: , always performed by military skilled east-european gangs.

If I was rich I wouldnt have blinked at the little TNT fiasco (well....the thought of it being stolen still counted, but again...probably went to fund a family in need, as I keep telling myself!).

However, yes, its a hard time, but then again....war will never end and power will always be sought.