When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

S*it Happens....EDIT: Thanks for helping out guys!

Dutchy

Hi guys.

Alright, So I have just turned 18 (last week) and with my brithday money jumped onto some purchases on watches (of course). All went fine, went on a trip to help paint some orphanage houses here in the country, working hard to come back to my arrived package. I grabbed it from the kitchen table... it felt a little light (TNT package)....surprised, I opened it up.....EMPTY. All packaging was ripped open on the inside (the TNT plastic case and cardboard box carefully sealed so you cant see it was tampered with). Obviously it was done professionally, closed with care as for you to receive it, and rip it open so that the company can say "we believe you received it, seeing the pacakage was opened, blah blah blah ....I was ready with with excitement ready to take pictures for the forum for my first official purchase....

Yep, there goes my Asian VC Overseas, Asian Royal Oak S/S and my Submariner LV ETA I ordered.

Some employee stole it apparently. Thinking you're safe with a tracking number and pay $$$ for service? And you get this. I was feeling so good and had a great time painting those houses with school friends of mine as a project.

S*it happens. I bet the guy who stole it probably stole for a reason as the minimum wage is 160 dollars a month here, I repeat 160 dollars. And as he probably doesnt know me he feels he stole from some rich kid that couldnt give less of a s*it. Just like people who rob people's houses thinking insurance covers the whole deal....guess again.

I never thought it would hurt so much though, especially when you phone them and they said they couldnt do anything (wouldnt matter anyway, package was marked "sample watch, $20" from a dealer in China I was testing out and delivered perfectly to a friend of mine, hes no scammer as many of my friends have used him no probs...guess south america isnt too good for this. Hes no seller, more of a provider of watches anyway).

Anyway, theres my rant, just needed to release some anger. You finally get money for your birthday and order a few watches, the box arrives, no customs problems....but an employee stole it....unbelieveable.

That shows, be careful. I hope some dealer can help me out a little on prices....Just hope I get my goods now. If only that guy knew how hard it was for me to throw that box out.

I know how people say "dont spend what you cant afford to lose", well....I figured..."birthday money", no customs problems, TNT with Tracking....good watch source from a friend.... and then this.....

I didnt tell anyone, just shoved the empty package in the garbage....just to get the 'feeling' out of the house.

Thanks for reading and please no "you should've known", cause I didnt....no point in bringing forth the miniscule possibility of watches getting through customs and then dissapearing....

Guess Ill have to save up again....some people huh?

Dutchy

Edited by Dutchy

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad, bad news. Sorry to hear about your loss. I can't imagine how much that must hurt.

In hindsight it would have been better to have these watches shipped separately. Perhaps the package would have drawn less attention. And if forr whatever reason a package failed to get to you (customs, theft, or simply vanishes) you would only be out one watch rather than three.

For what it is worth, I hope the rest of your birthday celebration turned out well. Enjoy being 18.

Bad, bad news. Sorry to hear about your loss. I can't imagine how much that must hurt.

In hindsight it would have been better to have these watches shipped separately. Perhaps the package would have drawn less attention. And if forr whatever reason a package failed to get to you (customs, theft, or simply vanishes) you would only be out one watch rather than three.

For what it is worth, I hope the rest of your birthday celebration turned out well. Enjoy being 18.

True. But these guys are smart. It says "out for delivery" and somehow it doesnt make it the first day....however, when you go to collect it, its "out for delivery"....unbelieveable. Even if you get it att he office and its empty, tough s*it for you, they just pass the package...so they say....

well, so far:

UPS lost(stole):

$950 Dell laptop

$750 Dell laptop

$80 silver coins

Unbelievable. Were you reimbursed?

Dutchy, very sorry to hear of your lost.... it is really upsetting when someone steals something that is yours.

Your acceptance of being ripped off and knowing that "sh*t happens" shows a level of maturity that a lot of people much older than you will never reach. I commend you for that. Know that what goes around comes around. Your good works will be rewarded many folds.

oh, I forgot an ipod Video 30GB from Amazon. All accessories are in the box except the ipod itself.

I got insurance claim everytime, and for the ipod, Amazon sent me a new one.

Well, you got your money back though, I didnt unfortunately....

OUCH!!!!

And I really hate to hear this for your FIRST time. Don't let that hinder your future dealings. But, as you said...stuff happens.

Sorry to hear it. :wounded1:

I'll try, its gonna take saving though.....I dont wanna dig into my actual savings account passed on to me from my grandfather as a little starter.

Dutchy, very sorry to hear of your lost.... it is really upsetting when someone steals something that is yours.

Your acceptance of being ripped off and knowing that "sh*t happens" shows a level of maturity that a lot of people much older than you will never reach. I commend you for that. Know that what goes around comes around. Your good works will be rewarded many folds.

Thanks for your kind words.

You guys are great :)

Really grinds man....sorry to hear this..

I don't know if you are in a position, especially now, but it's always a good idea to get to

know your delivery people... Once they place a face and personality to a package,.. it's

a safer bet you will not be on their 'Gotcha' list.

Don't worry however, karma will smile on you, and strike him one day for sure....

We should have a cookie jar for such happenings... if not a cash fund, at least a watch pool

of lonely pieces that could use an appreciative wrist ..

Wow, that is terrible...is the seller offering to help you out at all though?

Maybe next time, something different on the customs description would work better.

Well, theres no seller really involved. Just a guy my friend knows who buys the watches and send them on to us free of charge. The only seller is the person on the street who the sender bought it from....

Oh well, nothing to be done....hope some dealer may be able to help me out a tiny bit.

Thanks for your support though and congrats on the arcade wins :)

Absolutely gutted for you mate, if there is ever anything I can do for you to help you out then LMK.

Sorry for your loss.

Chris

Thanks Chris, appreciated.

Really grinds man....sorry to hear this..

I don't know if you are in a position, especially now, but it's always a good idea to get to

know your delivery people... Once they place a face and personality to a package,.. it's

a safer bet you will not be on their 'Gotcha' list.

Don't worry however, karma will smile on you, and strike him one day for sure....

We should have a cookie jar for such happenings... if not a cash fund, at least a watch pool

of lonely pieces that could use an appreciative wrist ..

The post office people here are a mess, you cant place a face because its a huge business community. I hope the karma thing is right though :)

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, Floris. Especially on your 18th birthday being your first order too. Time is on your side though, you're only 18! Man when I was 18, there were no such things like these reps. Just count your loses, get back up with a smile. When you get to my age, you'll probably have more watches than I'll ever have. Time is of the essence, we live and learn through it. But it's always the attitude on how we face it that makes the difference. Hey, they're just reps!

I had my gen stolen from me before the days of the net. I put my Rolex Serti Sub on the newspaper classifieds when two thugs showed up on my door ready to "buy" my watch. Upon presentation, they were ready to hand me the money (or so I thought), but to my surprise, was pepper sprayed to my face. I was incapacitated (blinded) and they got away with it. I just lost my down payment to my house. Oh well, it's only money. :whistling:

Not end of story ...

Since the watch was insured, I was able to collect the retail value of it. Made a down payment on the house and learned my lesson not to put anything in the news ad anymore, or make your dealings in a bank where thugs would be more intimidated to pull their stuff off.

Although you may not have a nice ending, you still have learned something. It's a cruel world out there. Take it easy buddy, time is on your side. :)

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, Floris. Especially on your 18th birthday being your first order too. Time is on your side though, you're only 18! Man when I was 18, there were no such things like these reps. Just count your loses, get back up with a smile. When you get to my age, you'll probably have more watches than I'll ever have. Time is of the essence, we live and learn through it. But it's always the attitude on how we face it that makes the difference. Hey, they're just reps!

I had my gen stolen from me before the days of the net. I put my Rolex Serti Sub on the newspaper classifieds when two thugs showed up on my door ready to "buy" my watch. Upon presentation, they were ready to hand me the money (or so I thought), but to my surprise, was pepper sprayed to my face. I was incapacitated (blinded) and they got away with it. I just lost my down payment to my house. Oh well, it's only money. :whistling:

Not end of story ...

Since the watch was insured, I was able to collect the retail value of it. Made a down payment on the house and learned my lesson not to put anything in the news ad anymore, or make your dealings in a bank where thugs would be more intimidated to pull their stuff off.

Although you may not have a nice ending, you still have learned something. It's a cruel world out there. Take it easy buddy, time is on your side. :)

Thanks afor your post. Indeed, its rough. I hope I will be able to get back on my feet, its just hard when you dont have a job and cant get one here either, apart from the fact that I have school full time and exams coming up for my first year.

All I can say, as the thief was probably a poor man (workers get paid EXTREMELY poorly...causing this behaviour as stated before). All I hope is that the money he retrieves from these watches go to something good, like taking care of his family. That is what I'll believe and what I hope.

Thanks for your support,

Floris

you could have just fieled an insurance claim! as long as you [censored] hard enough, you will get some money back! esecialy from couriers who cant afford to lose their good reputation!

Not here my friend. No one really cares, honestly. When a package arrives in perfect form, the company is done, thats it. Its when it arrives torn you can compalin. Like I said, tehse guys were pros and most likely not their first. TNT is a Dutch company with extreme reputation in Europe, not here apparently (as for FedEx, UPS, etc). Keep in mind, this isnt Europe here in South America, things go differently.

By the way, the insurance for a title "sample watch, $20) would get you, after bitching hard enough, $20...and thats if you win the case, which Im not going to start.

Floris

I just read through everyone's responses again and I'd like to thank you all for your support and immediate posts, it means a lot. I've gotten a lot of PM's as well, thanks to you all.

I will have to start saving again, don't know when I'll be able to purchase again and whether it will arrive (obviously using a far different service going through the netherlands and having it sent on through a courier), however I feel that I need to start a collection and that something like this shouldnt pull me down.

As I said before I hope the funds the thief receives for the watches goes to maintaining his family or something alike, as for that, that's what I'll assume.

Anyway, if and when I do order another watch, and it does arrive through an alternate method, I'll post pictures immediately.

Thanks again for all your help/support, as I said,

It really really does help a lot.

Have a great morning/day/evening and week :)

Floris