When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

S*it Happens....EDIT: Thanks for helping out guys!

Dutchy

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No need to reply Floris, I know you are feeling very down about now..

I was just trying to say that if I had one of those that did not

get enough sunlight,.. I would gladly send it to you.

Thanks Richard. Your support means a lot and thanks to all others here. You guys are truly amazing!

quit being so damn stubborn

and i promise i'll send that video bro, it'll cheer you up

Thanks my friend, I appreciate it!

He finally listened to reason :) And, as a result, I'll have something on it's way to Floris as well :D

Thanks so much for your help Ubi!!

hi guys,

can we set up a birthdayfund for Floris, and give him a little present (10 usd or something via pp) so we need a few or a lot members who want to give. So he can buy again and have more luck? who is in?

greetz artoero

Thanks so much, but thats not necessary. You guys already helped me so much!

This is very bad, sad to hear.

I'll get my gun and shoot them if I were you (on sceond thought...I'll get my neighbour's dog do the job)

Indeed it is. But as said before, my thought is the watches stolen will help fund a family in need, or so I'll think of it that way. Thanks for the support guys.

Sorry to hear your loss too.

It's a very unfortunate reality of this new market, where people buy and sell on the net. I have sold many items on eBay, since I am an avid coin collector too, and I've lost expensive packages with Canada Post and FedEx too. I remember ordering a $4900 coin from Germany, and it got lost in the mail, with no compensation. I've sent cash to pay for items too, with expensive registered mail, and Canada Post lost them, without ever paying me a cent except postage.

What really pisses me off is that you pay lots of money for tracking, courier to get a piece of mind, and it still gets lost.

Regards, from the Royal Oak guy/devious juror.....

admin

It's a very unfortunate reality of this new market, where people buy and sell on the net. I have sold many items on eBay, since I am an avid coin collector too, and I've lost expensive packages with Canada Post and FedEx too. I remember ordering a $4900 coin from Germany, and it got lost in the mail, with no compensation. I've sent cash to pay for items too, with expensive registered mail, and Canada Post lost them, without ever paying me a cent except postage.

What really pisses me off is that you pay lots of money for tracking, courier to get a piece of mind, and it still gets lost.

admin

One day I hope to finally have a Royal Oak in my hands, and I will continue saving of course, these guys here give you motivation thats unstoppable!!

Thanks again to each and every one of you!!

Some tips:

1) Since most quoted prices include shipping, you're better off buying just one watch in every order in case it was lost/confiscated.

2) Ask the seller to ship in a post bag like those DHL Express Flyers, they're more difficult to temper.

3) Ask the seller to declare the shipment as a Sample/Merchandise (i.e. Sample Plastic/Metal parts, but not Sample Watch!) with a very low monetary value (i.e. $2)

3) When the post bag arrives squeeze it first to see if something solid is inside. If it's a box weigh it or shake it.

First and foremost, Happy Birthday!

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss your watches, Dutchy. One of the reasons I love to order these watches is the anticipation of receiving them. I feel for you specially on your initial purchase experience.

I'm in on a B-Day fund we can chip in to and try to make things right for you.

Regards,

Jet

Befre I go to sleep i am officially opening the get dutchy a replacment bday present donation service.

Get this young lad some pressies boys.

I wll et up a dedicated pp account and thread in the morning, I have an account ready for use and we should try and elp him IMHO.

Chris

admin

okay, why does anyone buy a single coin for nearly 5000$? my american-dad collected coins too, not so expensive ones, but he spent a decent amount of his salary on stupid coins. and what did he do with them? he put 'em in the drawer!! i actualy just saw them TWICE and that was while he was looking if everything was still there.

so why do you do that? in the hope that they will be much more worth in a few years or why? seriously, this is not meant to offend anyone, i just dont get why ppl collect stuff like that (and stamps for example) and keep it in a drawer!

Befre I go to sleep i am officially opening the get dutchy a replacment bday present donation service.

I wll et up a dedicated pp account and thread in the morning, I have an account ready for use and we should try and elp him IMHO.

Chris

maybe you can get him a nice DW? :thumbsupsmileyanim:

okay, why does anyone buy a single coin for nearly 5000$? my american-dad collected coins too, not so expensive ones, but he spent a decent amount of his salary on stupid coins. and what did he do with them? he put 'em in the drawer!! i actualy just saw them TWICE and that was while he was looking if everything was still there.

so why do you do that? in the hope that they will be much more worth in a few years or why? seriously, this is not meant to offend anyone, i just dont get why ppl collect stuff like that (and stamps for example) and keep it in a drawer!

It's ABSOLUTELY NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS, okay? I collect what I want, and I have my reasons for it. Let's leave it at that.

That's what I'm saying too.

I suppose we can always as Randy, then he wont have a choice. :)

Ken

PS. I'm going off line for a gew hours, can someone please work on Floris to give me his address.

Some tips:

1) Since most quoted prices include shipping, you're better off buying just one watch in every order in case it was lost/confiscated.

2) Ask the seller to ship in a post bag like those DHL Express Flyers, they're more difficult to temper.

3) Ask the seller to declare the shipment as a Sample/Merchandise (i.e. Sample Plastic/Metal parts, but not Sample Watch!) with a very low monetary value (i.e. $2)

3) When the post bag arrives squeeze it first to see if something solid is inside. If it's a box weigh it or shake it.

True and I have learned. However, he was merely a shipper, not a dealer. He bought the watches on the street and I wanted to try it out and post pictures to see what you guys thought and give you guys the contact to him. He doesnt profit, hes a really good friend of a friend. Thanks for the tips!

First and foremost, Happy Birthday!

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss your watches, Dutchy. One of the reasons I love to order these watches is the anticipation of receiving them. I feel for you specially on your initial purchase experience.

I'm in on a B-Day fund we can chip in to and try to make things right for you.

Regards,

Jet

Thanks a lot for the birthday 'card' :) . Very kind, however, I just cant take stuff from you guys, Im feeling like a thief myself now! These are your collections and you guys worked hard for them!

Chris

Chris mate, thanks a lot for your PM's, however, I cant really! You guys have helped so much already with info, motivation and support! Oh and.....sleep tight :)

Well like Randy said earlier, stop being stubborn and give me your postal address. :(

Ken

Stop it ken! You have given so much already with posts and PM's and threads and what else!

That's what I'm saying too.

Same goes for you! Your help and threads have been so helpful already!

I suppose we can always as Randy, then he wont have a choice. :)

Ken

PS. I'm going off line for a gew hours, can someone please work on Floris to give me his address.

My PM box is literally flooding, this thread is on 3 pages, offers everywhere of people wanting to help out (WITHOUT BACKING DOWN!!! :p ) I cannot believe, truly CANNOT believe the support. This really helps guys, all these support posts, it means a lot, and I really mean that, from the bottom of my heart you guys are ALL incredible!

Floris

My PM box is literally flooding, this thread is on 3 pages, offers everywhere of people wanting to help out (WITHOUT BACKING DOWN!!! :p ) I cannot believe, truly CANNOT believe the support. This really helps guys, all these support posts, it means a lot, and I really mean that, from the bottom of my heart you guys are ALL incredible!

Floris

Well, we are a community after all...... It's quite a given we would help each other out. It's not that big of a problem. :)