When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So Many Breitlings!

sixbennetts

Hi All,

Brand new here. Great forums. I've pretty much narrowed down the dealers I'll be buying from, but I need to know what to ask for before writing to them.

Can I list the features I'm looking for, and get suggestions from you guys as to whether it's even available?

Thanks

Donny

Well, I say I want a Navitimer, but that means I like the general shape and style of the Navitimer. But all of the reps I've seen are chronographs, which I'm not interested in. (This is gonna be tough, huh?)

I've looked at real Breitlings, and I know there were tons of different ones made. Here's what I'm looking for:

Stainless case

Coin edge on the bezel

Medium or dark blue face, with white outer ring

12-9-6 dial configuration

and here's the deal braker, from what I've seen...

...month, day, and date on the three wheels, not chronograph.

Silly, huh?

Donny

b16a2 is right, that kinda subdial stuff is usually on the very cheap asian made automatic stuff. If it really is a dealbreaker and you don't care about accuracy, you can try searching iOffer for what you want, but be warned, that site is not approved and you may get ripped off. It is a gamble, be sure to read the seller's feedback.

Here is a version of the watch you actually posted, although it has the chronograph instead of what you wanted. This is site is also not "approved" but members have purchased from them without problems:

hxxp://brand9avenue.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_37&products_id=827&osCsid=79c7b5eafc5f2e63697e6d853527c738

change the xx's to tt's

good luck, I hope you find what you want!

Theyre different sizes. The Navitimer is much smaller (the regular one anyway) You culd try the new Navitimer Montbrillant, but the movement hasn't had much praise, and could be a risky purchase! Personally of all the Navitimer range I would recommend the Fighters edition for your requirements. Unfortunately the only way to satisfy all of your requirements would to be to buy a genuine Montbrilant Olympus (although that doesn't have the coin edge incidently).

Well, I did it, I pulled the trigger on this watch from Silixprime.

http://www.silix-prime.com/product.asp?id=1665

I know it has a cheaper movement, but it has the day, month wheels like I wanted, instead of a chrono which I would never use. We'll see how it stands up.

This is my first rep, so I wanted to start slow=cheap.

Donny

I would bet that if you spend more time reviewing the better reps you will find one you like. A lot of us started out with the cheap stuff and it sets in our drawers today as we got better watches and better movements. Save your money and get ONE good rep and it will be miles above what you have and you will feel totally different about wearing it;

I would bet that if you spend more time reviewing the better reps you will find one you like. A lot of us started out with the cheap stuff and it sets in our drawers todady as we got better watches and better movements. Save your money and get ONE good rep and it will be miles above wshat you have and you will feel totally different about wearing it;

I couldnt agree more!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I dont see much of a point in buying a very cheap Rep. These peices areent the highest quality to begin with (some are VERY good...but still not near the gen versions). Atleast if you guy a quality rep, you will have something that will work for a long time and bring you joy when you wear it....rather than turning into a paper weight.

Adam

Welcome to the board. My advice is, upgrade your membership, for a small token amount, you will have access to an area that allows you to see and choose for yourself. Do you have any type of Breitling in mind?

@b16a2

Am I missing something here b16a2 ?

Is this thread going to be a 10 pages one without any contribution to the board ?

The above quoted reply is your best advice to sixbennetts !

@sixbennetts

Hi Donny,

You are welcome here like everybody is ! So, warm welcome to you.

I'm a noob but became a VIP member asap.

Honestly, never before I became a VIP for as low as 30$ a year which is the shipping cost of one watch only !

This helped me very much on one hand and helped the board on the other.

Can I say it again, like b16a2 : "upgrade your membership, for a small token amount, you will have access to an area that allows you to see and choose for yourself"

Also, like anything else in life: patience is a virtue !

Cheers

Stephane

Well, I'll consider upgrading if/when I decide to get more into this. I was looking for a certain type of watch for not a lot of money, and found it, and from a trusted dealer. He has answered all of my questions in a timely fashion, and with an open and forthcoming attitude. I'm happy.

Now, if the bug bites, (which it has, as of yet, not done), I *might* consider chancing bigger money on these reps, but until then, I've got a real problem spending a couple hundred dollars on anything, let alone a watch.

By searching these archives, as well as a few other rep sites, I was able to avoid some of the more common pitfalls, and find a dealer I'm comfortable with for this and *possible* future purchases.

Donny