When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 050

Guest Sql_pl

Guest Sql_pl

Some pics to show you how does this rep compare to the gen...

24834-1173.jpg

24834-1174.jpg

24834-1175.jpg

24834-1176.jpg

24834-1177.jpg

24834-1178.jpg

24834-1179.jpg

24834-1180.jpg

I guess it is not really far especially when you realise it was less than 300 bucks vs around 6000 USD of gen list price.

Guest Sql_pl

It is a great watch - definately worth buying.

It may feel strange in the beginning if you are used to 44 mm and up PAMs but after a day with it I got used to it.

Too bad I already told my gf she can wear it... today the bracelet was sized for her wrist... I need to get her a 051 soon!!

Looks good.

Here's what I noticed:

The clasp is wrong. The 40mm PAMs have the single pushbutton release clasp.

The first link of the bracelet is wrong, its polished on a part that should be brushed (easy fix)

And I can't tell, but does your rep have a recessed pin?

Overal great rep though. I'd like to have a nice 220 rep, but I haven't seen one just yet. For now I'll settle w/ a 111 on a bracelet.

Jon

Guest Sql_pl

I actually prefer this double button clasp. I had a single button clasp in my very first 111 on a bracelet back in 2004 and it seemed unreliable.

Can't believe I didn't notice that first link thing... will try to polish it.

As for the recessed pin - I believe it is not an issue with 7750 powered PAMs... it actually looks like the gen's pin is a bit more recessed than mine :)

Here are some additional pics of the watch:

25127-1119.jpg

25127-1120.jpg

25127-1121.jpg

25127-1122.jpg

25127-1123.jpg

I still don't understand why are these watches so expensive as gens. 6000 usd for a 40 mm watch with a 7750 movement?

The new PAM 120 - same as 050, also 40 mm, bracelet but with blue dial is 4500 EUR.

Crazy. More expensive than classic PAMs like 111, 112, 005 etc.

Beautiful watch - I'm considering getting, it perfect for my skinny wrist.

I must ask though, can this version of the 7750 cause problems?

Thanks!

Beautiful watch - I'm considering getting, it perfect for my skinny wrist.

I must ask though, can this version of the 7750 cause problems?

Thanks!

I've handled both in person, and was quite embarrased how incorrect the (my) rep was side by side.

Weight is noticeably off, font on the front too thin, poor lume, weak date mag, caseback markings incorrect.

Looks great though on the wrist, just don't take it off :)

I've handled both in person, and was quite embarrased how incorrect the (my) rep was side by side.

Weight is noticeably off, font on the front too thin, poor lume, weak date mag, caseback markings incorrect.

Looks great though on the wrist, just don't take it off :)

I just wonder where your 050 rep came from, since in mine back markings are correct, and fonts and date mag are probably the best one can find in any PAM reps.

Naturally lume is weaker than in the gen (nothing that a relume could not fix), and I can't tell about weight though.

hello,

i remember a post where a member on the old rwg compared side by side the gen pam51 to a rep. he says that the dimensions of case and dial where different between the rep and the gen... so i think that the 40mm pams are not as close as some think about....

best wishes

hello,

i found the post on old rwg,

it was Dub43,

I just received my PAM51 from River. Let me say that this watch is absolutely beautiful!!! I'm blessed to have been fortunate to purchsae a genuine PAM51. I treat it like Royalty and only wear at work (desk jockey). I wanted something for the weekends that I could beat up and not worry about. What better than a rep of my favorite watch - and am I glad that a rep of the 51 finally came out! I'm verry happy with it (and River's delivery was quick - 3 days). I thought it would be interesting to compare the rep to the original! I'm going to point out the flaws of the rep - but let me be clear - for the money it's fantastic. The rep cost 1/15th the price of the original - you aren't going to get original quality for that price. And the best part is in the mornings when I put my watch on I have a hard time determining which is the original and which is the rep! Here are some of the differences I noticed with the rep:

Hands

The hands are not as long and not as wide. They are at least 1/16" too short - maybe as much as 1/8" too short.

The luminositiy material is green-tinted versus white-tinted on the original.

Dial

The numbers on the dial aren't as thick as the original. Almost but not quite.

The numbers on the date wheel aren't as thick as the original either - way smaller.

The magnifier is weak. The magnification is about 1.1! Barely provides any magnification.

The magnifier is too small as well.

The white color is as bright and white as the original - that's fantastic! I can't stand the silvery-white dials.

Bracelet

Wow. Looks just like the original. It's a mixture of brushed and polished just like the original.

The shape of the links are spot on!

It's only a single push button while the original is double.

It also has two half-links that the original doesn't. However, this is great for small adjustments (wish my 196 had this).

The fit and quality isn't as good as the original (obviously). The clasp isn't as tight and the two inner-most links have a small gap when the bracelet is closed.

Crown/Crown Guard

The crown is not quite as thick as the original. Almost but off by a hair.

The lever is a little loose. Not much - just a little - not as tight as the original (anyone know how to fix this?)

Movement

I didn't take the back off to actually look at the movement. I'm not even sure what model the movement is. It has kept good time so far. The only issue is setting the date. The time can't be between about 7 to 11 or the date hangs. Readjust the time and the date moves fine. Same thing happens on my rep 188/196 (man I love those white dials!).

The date actually changes pretty close to midnight - pleasantly surprised!

Size

This was my biggest surprise. The watch is actually smaller than the original. The dial is 2 mm smaller. The overall width is about 1 mm smaller - the bezel is about 1 mm wider than the original (making up 1 of the 2 mm difference)

Weight

Fantastic! I didn't actually weight the two of them but the rep's weight feels excellent. It's a tad lighter than the original - but barely noticeable.

Hope this info helps. If anyone is interested I can try and post the pics of the two side by side (my digital camera doesn't take very good closeups).

Again, let me say - I posted the differences between the two. But this is comparing a $350 watch versus a $5,300 watch! There are going to be significant differences. But for the money this is one of the best reps I have ever seen and I am thrilled with it!