When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Seamaster chrono

Mickey Padge

Wow I missed this thread resurrection :D

The bezel should come off OK, but it is very, VERY hard to do. I did not remove it myself, but I was told it was a very tight fit. You would need the right tools etc.....

The genuine bezel will only fit the Asian 7750 watch, with blue dial/bezel. I can't confirm any other versions where this mod might work.

Also when you consider the cost involved and how much you can buy the gen for, when I searched all over the UK and europe for one, they were all over

Edited by Mickey Padge

What about the pushers Mickey? Can you put to rest the issue about whether the pushers need to be unscrewed on the Gen?

It has been put to rest since the day one. About 20 times, actually. The pushers DO NOT screw/unscrew on the gen.

Now let's all say "amen" and leave it at that. :lol:

It's amazing how many fundamental flaws people always want find from the SMP chrono... from a rep that doesn't really have any. Wrong subdial spacing (NOT TRUE), screw-down pushers (NOT TRUE), wrong color subdial hands (NOT TRUE, there are 2 tones: orange and dark "pinkish" red, depending on the release year), wrongly positioned HE valve (NOT TRUE, it's perfect), etc. etc.

This is one of the best replicas I have ever seen or handled. Everyone who have seen the older model gen can verify it immedately. Gio even owned one.

Yeah, the insert and bracelet screws are a flaw. But I guess that's pretty much it. The rest is as perfect as a replica watch can be. My watch even has the correct ETA datewheel as a default. The rep dial is superb as well.

smp_dial2.jpg

I have been putting off getting this rep...

just the fact that it's a Chrono, therefore, it uses the New Asian 7750 movement...

I'm just put off by the "reliability" concern...

as I'm in Australia...

I don't know who I can go to have this oiled & serviced...

as for the OMEGA logo on the dial...

doesn't the gen have the OMEGA flat legs???

this rep has the same shaped OMEGA logo as the UPO 45mm???

This watch is 7 years old, beat up and definitely needs a service. 900 Euros aren't an extraordinary deal....

Yeah I prefer my Omega franken over that gen LOL. The white dial is nasty and the lume is faded and turning brown!

EDIT: Spot the fake! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...y0%3D%26fvi%3D1

Wrong bracelet pictures, flat end link grooves and orrage chrono hands......

Somebody report him!

Edited by Mickey Padge

• 5 months later...

Sorry for the thread resurrection, but my Omega SMP has had a final upgrade ^_^

I know I said I would not do it, but I have had a change of heart......

Can you see what is different now?

dsc00977ji3.th.jpgdsc00979tj8.th.jpgdsc00981ma9.th.jpg

I think I made the right call. After having some of my other watches done, the effect was so profound I thought the Omega should get the same treatment. This is not the latest AR, but the 2nd revision. Personally I prefer the blue tint to the newer purple, especially with this blue dial watch.

What do you guys think? I know the original genuine watch did not have AR, but maybe I have proved it should have? :p

Thoughts and comments most welcome B)

Haha, well it appears I was not alone in my thinking this watch would look better with AR :lol:

I know the gen does not have it, but the newer version does. Also people do AR their gens too! B)

Nice watches guys, I forgot how good this watch is "out of the box", after all the stuff I did to mine ^_^

I wonder why they have not replicated the new versions dial and case back? Should not be too tricky to make the new version with the older one as a base......

Edited by Mickey Padge