When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Silix's New VC Ultimate Overseas

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but I may be off the Jay reservation. I ordedered a silver dial Overseas and an extra black dial. I recieved a black dial Overseas and an extra black dial. I would chalk this up to an oversight if I didn't know for a fact that two other members also recieved the same combination, which leads me to believe that Jay was out of Silver dial models and instead of informing his customers (and risking having to do a refund) he simply shipped black dial watches.

I also ordered a Muller and was shipped a completely different model, I assume because the watch I ordered was also out of stock.

I also received a black dial watch instead of the white face one that I ordered. But Jay has said that he will mail me the White face. I am not worried - I trust Jay, and it would be nice to have both options.

Maybe he is temporarily out of stock on the White dial.

One question, are the hands on the Black version the same as the White ?

I also received a black dial watch instead of the white face one that I ordered. But Jay has said that he will mail me the White face. I am not worried - I trust Jay, and it would be nice to have both options.

Maybe he is temporarily out of stock on the White dial.

One question, are the hands on the Black version the same as the White ?

I'm sure there ar far more than 4 of us....

I trust jay to make it right, as well--but sending a silver dial three weeks from now so I can spend another 40 bucks just ain't gonna cut it. I'd do that for a mistake, but not for borderline misrepresentation.

To answer your questions. Yes, I think it's safe to assume he's "temporarily out of stock on the Silver dial" and yes, the hands are the same.

Well, I couldn't resist so I took both style dials and wandered over to Tourneau to try and decide in my mind which I liked better. You may not like the answer. My conclusion is that the most obvious giveaway is not the date window, cross or number sizing. It is the fact that the 3,6,9 and 12 are polished on the new version versus flat on the gen and original rep. So original dial wins on that score. The cross is significantly better on the latest of course and as for the date window I think the original one looks better. The positioning of the date window between the markers gives the illusion of a trapezoidal date window. So on the date window the gen looks closer to the first version rep than the second. It is very difficult to see that date window bevel on the gen. And of course there is that damned microscopic accent mark. My conclusion is I am using the original dials with the bigger cross from the new ones. So in short, I am right back where I started. :bangin:

The 3,6,9 and 12 just shine on the latest rep dial. On the gen the numbers brushed numbers contrast nicely with the polished bezels of the smaller hour markers. Could it be echoing the brushed/polished contrast of the bracelet? ;) That is what makes Gerald a genius. :)

And I do love Jay but I am waiting for my white dial as well. I need that cross. :lol:

• 1 month later...