When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Silix's New VC Ultimate Overseas

Hey gang,.. As I have sold my Macro digital, I was able to use my camcorder

to obtain some photos which are, I warn you bad, but allows you to see what you need to...

As I said before, this 42mm model has the correct Maltese Cross already in place.

The date window is also triangular and beveled.

The hands are also closer to gen in shape and I believe thickness.

I welcome your eagle eye comments as to the rest,.. though out of 120 or so watches,

this one is the most overall perfect piece I have owned,.. it's Beautiful in QC, Material,

and Balances on my wrist for a perfect fit.

It only needs AR to bring it to where I need to be....

Don't let the bad photos fool you.. this watch is Gorgeous !!!

Compare to double photo of the gens...

See my last post down the thread for CaseBack and band Photos....

post-243-1179785927_thumb.jpg

post-243-1179890464_thumb.jpg

post-243-1179890500_thumb.jpg

post-243-1179890530_thumb.jpg

post-243-1179890607_thumb.jpg

post-243-1179890817_thumb.jpg

post-243-1179890847_thumb.jpg

post-243-1179890860_thumb.jpg

post-243-1179891246_thumb.jpg

post-243-1179930384_thumb.jpg

post-243-1179930402_thumb.jpg

post-243-1179930425_thumb.jpg

post-243-1179930440_thumb.jpg

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RT-

This looks great. My only question relates to the quality of the texture on the dial. I know your pics leave a little to be desired but the texture looks deminimus. Do you have the last version? How do the dials compare? Otherwise this one looks fabulous and I may just give-in. After all, the double AR coat glass may have to come off my current one. :)

Hey Guys,...

Kruzer, the dial is fully texturized, with the proper gloss,..

I just can't capture the beauty with this camera.

Very high quality dial,.. as is all the material on this piece.

This is my 2nd overseas and the best by far....!

Emuozz, agree with you about the window bevel however it is closer than previously

and that's an issue that I can live with pretty easily as it is at least refined.

Regarding the band, It did give me a bit of a sweat as it seems that one or two screws

were wound into holes that were a bit tight..

which required me to use oil, patience, and a small set of needle nose pliers

on one of the them, to grip both the screw driver, then the screw head once

removed to the point of reaching it.

That's however an issue that I think will remain in replicas...as it's very difficult to

drill exact in high grade steel,..but I didn't let it stop me from getting to wear this

baby or allow me to slip & scratch it in any way...

Awesome watch ! Maybe I need to add this one to the collection. Wondering of they can get the white version....
I'm ordering a white one as well... Jay is requesting them but as of now only has black..

I think after I receive the white one,...I'm through,... Two Overseas along with my Jlc memovox alarm..

and a Seiko diver for sport will be all I need...That is until the Chrono version comes out.

I'm also requesting Jay to produce some croc bands for these Overseas models,.. which I will place

a brown on the white model..

By the way the watch has only gained 2 seconds in two days... Amazing accuracy.

I paid what he was charging for his older 42mm version

http://www.silix-prime.com/product.asp?id=1469

as he didn't seem to know it as an updated model.

Neither did I when I ordered, as I also had him include the dial from his 38mm model

so I could transplant the cross... then update the clasp later..as the model he has posted

has the small cross, the older style clasp... and a *date window that is too close to the

outer edge..{*an issue I was going to live with}

It was a complete shock when I opened the package... I thought it was a gen...

because all those issues were aleady solved,.. then I thought maybe he did

the mods for me,.. but that was not the case either, as the caseback numbers

were differrent than any of the other two existing models from Josh/Sash or

King/*Jay {*his previous model}.

Hey Rocket, Yes, other dealers will probably get them, but these are Chinese,

not Taiwanese so Jay/King will have them first,..

Thing is, Jay beats all others in price and post sales service.. and I am through

with the Triad,.. I say 'Tri' because Angus in my eyes is worthy of my business..

Looks fantastic! I want to make sure I get the same one... what is the serial number on the caseback?
Well you really can't tell how good this watch looks by those lousy photos,.. but believe me

this piece is the best overall watch I have owned, not just in looks but in material, QC and balance.

It's heavy but, not top heavy if you know what I mean.. the weight of the watch and way the band

is constructed and balanced, plus the fit and finish, especially the deployant's smooth, round edges,

curvature and short length, equal out to where I feels like a metal hand gently gripping my wrist that is

the same weight from top to bottom, east to west, and I don't have that need to adjust it every few minutes

or get that irritating indentation from the deployment digging into my wrist.

The numbers are 47040-794994

I hope someone gets one soon that has a better camera than I do.. I'm doing the watch a huge injustice

but trying to make up for it with my words,.. though a great picture tells a thousand words,...

Tell Jay I sent you for hand selection... ;)

It looks good, thanks for the notification. I have never really considered Vacheron Constantin...

How are the caseback motive with the ship? Better than the previous version? :)

I really haven't compared the casebacks, other than the numbers..

but I will try to take some photos 2morrow and you take judge for yourself.

You guys rarely see me get hyper-excited about a watch and I have owned just about

every one,... but I'm really jazzed about this time piece,.. haven't been so impressed since I

first strapped on my oldcase 196,.. but this one is much, much better ! :wub:

Can't wait for the white dial model to get in...!

Ubi, you have to get this watch ! .. by the way I may have good newz for you about

a new build from Jay.... :whistling:

Can't wait to get mine in the mail!
Fantastic Euno... I got mine in Four days,.. ! I know great photos are coming now..!

For anyone new to VC Overseas...

One thing about these Overseas is photos can't fully capture their beauty.

... when you see those dial numbers and the way it's set up.. really

not so impressive,.. but in hand,..that is when the watch POPS in a subtle yet definite way !

The contrast between polished and brushed metal artfully worked throughout the watch case

and band, make for quick glimmers, that catch the eye of anyone near by,..

Upon closer inspection noting all the maltese symbols built into the piece from the bezel,

the crown, the sections in going down the middle of the band, it's the quintessential Vacheron

and should be their flagship model.

The way you can wear it anywhere, though it's dressy, it's also rugged in a manner, thanks

to the brushed areas, and the masculine way the watch and band is put together,..

also classic, yet also contemporary, a true masterpiece from the first and oldest

watchmaker in the world that also has laid claim to the most expensive watch in the world.

Yeah,..this VC was so impressive, it inspired me to change my avatar ! ^_^

Here are the caseback photos I promised.. Please note that the metal is not

as in any way un-refined,.. the camera just has it's limitations..

I also include some other views that are a bit better than yesterday as I get used to manipulating

this camcorder...

post-243-1179889693_thumb.jpg

post-243-1179889719_thumb.jpg

post-243-1179889829_thumb.jpg

post-243-1179889886_thumb.jpg

post-243-1179889966_thumb.jpg

post-243-1179889986_thumb.jpg

post-243-1179890061_thumb.jpg

post-243-1179890076_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the caseback shot! :)

I remember seeing a comparison of the gen and rep Overseas caseback some time ago. I was stunned by the level of details in the motive on the genuine Overseas.. Alas, It does not seems like the replica has been improved in that area.

Thanks for the caseback shot! :)

I remember seeing a comparison of the gen and rep Overseas caseback some time ago. I was stunned by the level of details in the motive on the genuine Overseas.. Alas, It does not seems like the replica has been improved in that area.

I would like to see some caseback comparisons, if you can locate some,..

Though, lucky for me casebacks are not a real concern, as long as there are no mis-spellings,

misplaced exibition glassbacks or incorrect, or sloppy image ingravings...

Thanks... :)

sounds like another great work of art. I wanna see if it can match my 42mm VC. VC is always one of my favourate watch. Its also the most comfortable watch I have.
Hi,.. is yours a Gen ? If so,.. please take some caseback photos for us.. Curious to see the difference..

Yes this watch is also for me the most comfortable I have owned,.. Every other metal bracelet watch I

had previously was swapped out for leather for reasons of comfort,.. but this one feels perfect...

edges on every surface smooth as silk, short length & curved deployant, and also balanced in design like no other...

I slept in it and never knew it was there.. I just forgot I had it on...

As for accuracy...Still it hasn't lost a minute,.. gained only about 5 seconds in four days,.. Amazing !

I paid what he was charging for his older 42mm version

http://www.silix-prime.com/product.asp?id=1469

as he didn't seem to know it as an updated model.

Neither did I when I ordered, as I also had him include the dial from his 38mm model

so I could transplant the cross... then update the clasp later..as the model he has posted

has the small cross, the older style clasp... and a *date window that is too close to the

outer edge..{*an issue I was going to live with}

It was a complete shock when I opened the package... I thought it was a gen...

because all those issues were aleady solved,.. then I thought maybe he did

the mods for me,.. but that was not the case either, as the caseback numbers

were differrent than any of the other two existing models from Josh/Sash or

King/*Jay {*his previous model}.

Congrats on your new acquisition dude! :D So now that Jay knows and realises that this is an updated model, will he be updating his pics on his site? :p I hope the white dial version is coming out soon... What a waste he can't get this with ar coating, don't you think? :black_eye:

Congrats on your new acquisition dude! :D So now that Jay knows and realises that this is an updated model, will he be updating his pics on his site? :p I hope the white dial version is coming out soon... What a waste he can't get this with ar coating, don't you think? :black_eye:
I'm sure he will, though mine was the first order and was actually I just found out, sourced,

and I have the first one, so he's ordering more... and the photos will come from them..

Regarding the AR,.. Chieftang & Flavor Flav are doing excellent work in that area,.. and I'm sure much

higher quality AR than what the rep manufacturers can do..

Think I will stick with them,.. though Jay is looking into getting it done later,..I'm sure it will be a while

and not worth waiting for, since we have our guys here...

Not to mention that these models, due to their accuracy may end up like the old factory reps...

discovered by the law then destroyed by steam roller, or forced out of production ..

So I would say that if you love the VC Overseas.. get these fast or possibly lose out forever..