When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Silix's New VC Ultimate Overseas

Here are the caseback photos I promised.. Please note that the metal is not

as in any way un-refined,.. the camera just has it's limitations..

I also include some other views that are a bit better than yesterday as I get used to manipulating

this camcorder...

Hi RT,

Thanks for sharing.

Particularly concerns on the polish finish parts of the bracelet. Do they have smooth mirror looks? Previous versions are poor on this part which ruins the elegance of the whole watch, and it is the biggest give away telling people it is a fake watch no matter how many mods of cross, ar coat etc..... are done to it. This stops me from wearing the VCO completely, not even once after I bought it for months.

Can you share more on this issue?

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi RT,

Thanks for sharing.

Particularly concerns on the polish finish parts of the bracelet. Do they have smooth mirror looks? Previous versions are poor on this part which ruins the elegance of the whole watch, and it is the biggest give away telling people it is a fake watch no matter how many mods of cross, ar coat etc..... are done to it. This stops me from wearing the VCO completely, not even once after I bought it for months.

Can you share more on this issue?

In my experience, bracelets are like straps. They need to be redone to bring them up to par--I'll rebrush/re-polish my silver dial version's case & bracelt along w/ an AR coar when it arrives.

All mods aside, fit and finish is always the ultimate difference between reps and gens and can never be fully rectified. The question is how many thousands of bucks you're willing to pay for that level of detail. In the case of the Overseas, that would come to about $7500. Not in this lifetime...for me, the rep's boat, date window bevel, and bracelet is well worth 7 grand left in my bank account.

In my experience, bracelets are like straps. They need to be redone to bring them up to par--I'll rebrush/re-polish my silver dial version's case & bracelt along w/ an AR coar when it arrives.

All mods aside, fit and finish is always the ultimate difference between reps and gens and can never be fully rectified. The question is how many thousands of bucks you're willing to pay for that level of detail. In the case of the Overseas, that would come to about $7500. Not in this lifetime...for me, the rep's boat, date window bevel, and bracelet is well worth 7 grand left in my bank account.

I agree Arch... most replicas can use some finishing work,..

Bertieng,

With regards to this bracelets polished sections,.. it's pretty well done,.. especially the horizontal areas

which are the ones you see the most, and are perfect.. a couple of links on the vertical arrow shaped

areas I can discern some lines.. but they are still reflective, mirror like, and would take close inspection

to notice and don't bother me in the slightest...

There are also no sharp areas on the band or case.. period..

Whoever did this piece did an excellent job.. I can only hope they

all turn out this good,.. as I am ordering another in white..

99% of the time I switch out metal bracelets for leather

however in this case, I actually prefer this over leather..not only in looks but in comfort..

This is my 2nd overseas and by far the best... Good enough for me to cut my want list

down to two more reps, before I will give it rest.... another overseas and a 3717... :victory:

I got an email reply and he bumped the price to $250 and is only taking orders by email. It is impossible for him to know you want a new batch white one by ordering the black $225 one or the smaller white one at $185 off the website. I have asked twice if they have the new white one in stock to ship and I cannot get a straight answer. They act like they don't see the question. I travel and can't get involved in one of these month long deliveries with no shipping information for a week or two.

Anyone have a handle on their stock situation on the white ones? Are they drop shipping them?

I got an email reply and he bumped the price to $250 and is only taking orders by email.

I guess that's normal in business i.e. to charge more for a new, improved product but that kind of stinks to me cause RT's initial post seems to indicate that they had no idea that the VC Overseas was an updated version and therefore it's not likely that there is a higher price for it from the manufacturers.

I'd think that if they went to buy from the factories or wherever and were themselves now charged a higher price that they would be aware that something had changed.

But it seems to me that the watch was $2 and they sell it for $5 and now it's still $2 but it's gonna be sold for $6 cause people are aware that there's a new version out.

Again though, I understand that this is how consumerism goes although usually the retailer themselves are charged a higher premium by the suppliers.

I got an email reply and he bumped the price to $250 and is only taking orders by email. It is impossible for him to know you want a new batch white one by ordering the black $225 one or the smaller white one at $185 off the website. I have asked twice if they have the new white one in stock to ship and I cannot get a straight answer. They act like they don't see the question. I travel and can't get involved in one of these month long deliveries with no shipping information for a week or two.

Anyone have a handle on their stock situation on the white ones? Are they drop shipping them?

The price has not been Bumped.. $225 is for for version 2 not version 4 which requires no mods..

I think also in this thread someone has already answered the question as to availability of white, which

and correct me if I am wrong.. is Yes.

As for quick ordering... in this game.. I would not count on it.. To do so is only asking for the customs

Gods to make fun of your plans....

Hey Jumbie,... I just lucked out,.. but would gladly pay $25 more not to have to pay for mods

and still end up with a bad looking date window and hands...from version 3.

Not to mention that it's $18 cheaper than Josh or Trusty's Version 3.

Edited by Richard Tracy

The price has not been Bumped.. $225 is for for version 2 not version 4 which requires no mods..

Ah okay. I should have checked on that before saying anything. Just went on the previous poster's comments.

Hey Jumbie,... I just lucked out,.. but would gladly pay $25 more not to have to pay for mods

We are in agreement there. No problem paying for a higher-quality product.

My issue was with the fact that it seemed that the price was only bumped because of the awareness that there is a newer version out. If that newer version costs more for the dealers to purchase, I can understand a price increase being passed on to the buyers. That didn't appear to be the case (again, based on the previous comment).

And, one more time just so I don't appear to be a complete idiot :whistling:, I am fully aware that it is "standard practice" for businesses to charge a higher premium on upgraded products that improve (hopefully) older ones.

Anyway, this watch is still on my list but a PAM 112H has to come first...

I could not agree with you more it is still a great deal. I just wanted everyone to know there is a change. It is a little unsettling that other people have purchased the same for less in the last week, but that is small potatoes.

I did not want a rush shipment. I only wanted to know if it is in stock and can it ship upon receipt of an order. Two weeks is no big deal, but 3 to 4 weeks is a pain and just means they are doing the "who's got the watch shuffle". If I didn't travel a lot I wouldn't care, however I would not want it to be sent back if I'm not there. It could take the rest of my life to get it then.

It would be nice to get verifiction from the seller the white is available and ready to ship. You have to take availability in forum chatter with a grain of salt. They could be getting the last one of a batch, wrong one etc.

Some definite improvements over the 2nd gen, but also some steps backward. Overall, though, still a very nice watch that is deserving of wrist time!

Yeah, I agree. The same old one step forward, one step back. Beveling is too wide. No mark over the "e" in Geneve. Hands are wrong. Font on "Automatic" seems a bit off.

I think also in this thread someone has already answered the question as to availability of white, which

and correct me if I am wrong.. is Yes.

As for quick ordering... in this game.. I would not count on it.. To do so is only asking for the customs

Gods to make fun of your plans....

Not to mention that it's $18 cheaper than Josh or Trusty's Version 3.

I agree with Richard. $278 including EMS Shipping is a great price for this watch. I have purchased from just about every dealer on the Forum except Silix and was a little hesitant to do so. But Richard's sterling references and outstanding post convinced me to pull the trigger. So far communications from Jay have been great and I hope will continue.

Don't get me wrong, I love dealing with Trusty and Josh-they are outstanding dealers, but their version of the VCO can't touch this one and it is $20 more when you include shipping. I even asked Andrew about Silix's new version and he couldn't bring himself to admit that his version wasn't the best. (I still bought a Chanel J12 for my wife from him.)

I just think Silix has a real winner and we'll all be very happy when the postman rings.

Replicas will be what they are,.. for me all my purchases now and in future will be those that don't require

mods,...and this piece is one of those rare ones.

I understand that some may want to place that teeny mark above their 'e' which would be so easy, but I

wouldn't bother as I never even noticed it before.

The Automatic font is fine..

You would have to have a loupe and a gen in one hand and your rep in the other

to just begin to descern a difference, and would still have arguments valid on both

sides.

Regarding steps backwards,.. I don't see any.

The date window bevel though not exact, is an improvement, as are the hands.

You will also find the dial face gloss to be much improved and I would say perfected.

Demanding any more, is stepping outside the realms of practicality best reserved for genuine..

For those that still don't understand the price difference,.. I was the only one who got away

with the $25 price difference of version 2, but that was an error on Jay's part that we

should not expect repeated...

I say again however, that before this version 4 came out, people were paying $268 for version 3,

then ordering a version 1 dial from Jay plus shipping, and then paying to have it modded.

I don't know what all that added up to,.. but this model saves you a

great deal of money, and time, no matter how you look at it...

Same as the 'Old Factory' replicas, which are no longer around... so wait around at

your own risk... :whistling:

OK, some pics to share of my new, white dial VC Overseas!

These are courtesy of Ruby :thumbsupsmileyanim: I'll take some more pics once it's in my grubby little hands.

Note the different serial number...

Awesome. Keep us posted.

I did notice the serial is not the same.

Bought my last watch from Ruby as well. Transaction was flawless. She shipped the watch on May 30th and I got it in Florida on June 4th. EMS tracking worked perfectly via USPS website.

Interesting about the different serial number...

The date window bevel seems also wider on this model ....

How much is she selling them for ?

I was wondering about the date bezel, didn't know if it was just due to the angle of the shot. We'll see... the dial seems a little overexposed in the pics too, hard to see details.

Regarding price, I ordered it a couple weeks ago and may have gotten in before the 'price change' folks are talking about. It was a good margin less than what I see quoted elsewhere in this thread... I'll / I'd ask Ruby. Speaking of whom, Ruby was great in hunting it down. Austin, she did indicate that she could continue to procure these.

Good going Drop.... !

Interesting about the different serial number...

The date window bevel seems also wider on this model ....

Hmm... Maybe the black dial version has the 795368 serial, while the white dial ones are with the 795366 serial... :g:

Looks like this version 4 can be the only watch that anyone could mod to perfection...

A small mark above the 'e' and a bit of filing out of some of the bevel in the date window

would bring it very, very close to gen specs....

Then for more professional work..

You could add a coat of AR on the outside and relume if you wanted to go that

far...

I'm sure someone here will soon present a review show with all those simple mods .... :whistling:

Nice photochop, count me inspired. :)

Filing of the date window bevel... practically speaking how straightforward would that be? I'd be nervous about getting the window either out of proportion, over-large, screwing up the dial... would this be up the alley of one of our wonderful modders?

Hmm... Maybe the black dial version has the 795368 serial, while the white dial ones are with the 795366 serial... :g:

When I requested a quote on the white one I gave Jay the posted black one serial number. Jay mentioned to me that their were different serial numbers. He did not expand on that sentence. I believe there have to be at least two serial numbers out there and possibly more. You would think from a manufacturing perspective it makes sense to make one big run with everything the same for the back piece. It does show some attention to detail to differentiate the colors by S/N.