When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Silix's New VC Ultimate Overseas

I'm sure he will, though mine was the first order and was actually I just found out, sourced,

and I have the first one, so he's ordering more... and the photos will come from them..

Regarding the AR,.. Chieftang & Flavor Flav are doing excellent work in that area,.. and I'm sure much

higher quality AR than what the rep manufacturers can do..

Think I will stick with them,.. though Jay is looking into getting it done later,..I'm sure it will be a while

and not worth waiting for, since we have our guys here...

Not to mention that these models, due to their accuracy may end up like the old factory reps...

discovered by the law then destroyed by steam roller, or forced out of production ..

So I would say that if you love the VC Overseas.. get these fast or possibly lose out forever..

Thnks for the heads up dude! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Oh... You're getting me all tempted!! :wub::wub:

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I paid what he was charging for his older 42mm version

http://www.silix-prime.com/product.asp?id=1469

as he didn't seem to know it as an updated model.

Neither did I when I ordered, as I also had him include the dial from his 38mm model

so I could transplant the cross... then update the clasp later..as the model he has posted

has the small cross, the older style clasp... and a *date window that is too close to the

outer edge..{*an issue I was going to live with}

It was a complete shock when I opened the package... I thought it was a gen...

because all those issues were aleady solved,.. then I thought maybe he did

the mods for me,.. but that was not the case either, as the caseback numbers

were differrent than any of the other two existing models from Josh/Sash or

King/*Jay {*his previous model}.

Hey Rocket, Yes, other dealers will probably get them, but these are Chinese,

not Taiwanese so Jay/King will have them first,..

Thing is, Jay beats all others in price and post sales service.. and I am through

with the Triad,.. I say 'Tri' because Angus in my eyes is worthy of my business..

Thanks for all the great info! I have been lusting for the VC Overseas for a few months now. Sillex is one of the few dealers that I have not ordered from-but I hear good things. Is this the model they will deliver if I order the 42 mm version that is on the Sillex site? If so, I'm in! Thanks again.

Thanks for all the great info! I have been lusting for the VC Overseas for a few months now. Sillex is one of the few dealers that I have not ordered from-but I hear good things. Is this the model they will deliver if I order the 42 mm version that is on the Sillex site? If so, I'm in! Thanks again.
The watch on his site is the older version,.. he has not made the site alterations as of yet,

but if you tell him that you want the new updated version with the serial numbers 47040-794994

then you will be fine. ^_^

Jay also told me in an earlier email today, albeit embarrassingly, that he never realised his watchmaker updated this model. Richard is absolutely correct. Jay has yet to affirm a date for double-sided ar coating on this model, and according to him, the white dial version is already available... hey RT, thanks for being the one to initially request to mod this model! :)

The watch on his site is the older version,.. he has not made the site alterations as of yet,

but if you tell him that you want the new updated version with the serial numbers 47040-794994

then you will be fine. ^_^

Thanks Richard. That's good to know. Looks like this will be my next purchase-might even go for a white one and a black one. Never was good at making decisions.

Hi richard, thank for share!

Are Jay and Paul the only to have this updated version?

I really like the white dial version (I have already a Ingy from Richar GB), so I have interest in this.

Sorry to interrupt, but yes, I think Jay has it first... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hi richard, thank for share!

Are Jay and Paul the only to have this updated version?

I really like the white dial version (I have already a Ingy from Richar GB), so I have interest in this.

Paul as far as I can see doesn't have this model.. are you referring to those 38mm older style

VCs he has on his new release first page ? If not please supply the link...

I'm sure he will, though mine was the first order and was actually I just found out, sourced,

and I have the first one, so he's ordering more... and the photos will come from them..

Regarding the AR,.. Chieftang & Flavor Flav are doing excellent work in that area,.. and I'm sure much

higher quality AR than what the rep manufacturers can do..

Think I will stick with them,.. though Jay is looking into getting it done later,..I'm sure it will be a while

and not worth waiting for, since we have our guys here...

Not to mention that these models, due to their accuracy may end up like the old factory reps...

discovered by the law then destroyed by steam roller, or forced out of production ..

So I would say that if you love the VC Overseas.. get these fast or possibly lose out forever..

So does jay have more of these in stock or is he waiting for an order?

So does jay have more of these in stock or is he waiting for an order?
Good question,.. I believe someone in this thread posted the answer..

but if not,.. write him and let us all know.. I would like a white dial model

to go along with this one... Just be sure to say 'updated' model...

Hey, RT - have you taken a look at the movement yet? To be sure, the case dimensions are as advertised in the previous version?

I just received a note from my dealer indicating that the white dial is available in this version... I'll post details and pics once confirmed :mellow:

Hey, RT - have you taken a look at the movement yet? To be sure, the case dimensions are as advertised in the previous version?

I just received a note from my dealer indicating that the white dial is available in this version... I'll post details and pics once confirmed :mellow:

Case dimensions are 1:1, this I know,... however I have not removed the back for fear of scratching

or screw damage,.. Though from the very smooth movement of the 2nd hand, the quiet rotor and time keeping within

seconds for over a week now,... I have no concerns..

Okay... I got curious,.. and opened the back,.. it's a true eta 2824-2 movement,..gold plated, very clean..

Now to get those 8 tiny screws back in,.. and without damaging them or the case.. :blink:

Did you happen to take any pictures????

Okay... I got curious,.. and opened the back,.. it's a true eta 2824-2 movement,..gold plated, very clean..

Now to get those 8 tiny screws back in,.. and without damaging them or the case.. :blink:

Jay mentioned that the one you got from him has one-sided ar coating... Didn't really notice it in your pics, mate... :blink:

Did you happen to take any pictures????
No I didn't.. an Eta 2824-2 movement is an Eta 2824-2 movement.. no pictures necessary..

Unless you doubt me ?

Hey Coolfire,.. I'm no AR expert, and those photos were taken by a camcorder,.. Jay

could be right,.. do you know of a test I could do ?

Hi All,

Sorry if I missunderstand this thread...

I have one that I got from PT two months ago and, reading this thread, I suddenly think I have an "older version" :Jumpy: .

Mine is 42 mm too, features an Eta 2834-2 and has different serial.

253939-6807.jpg

253939-6808.jpg

253939-6809.jpg

:wounded1: Should I worry about it ?

Cheers

Stephane

Congrats on your new purchase. You seem really excited about it. :)

I hate this *censored* website.

I came across it during my search for a Tag replica; which I just ordered and am waiting for.

Now I want to get:

- Panerai 112h or 176h (plus savage strap)

- Rolex DateJust with smooth bezel and/or Explorer 2

- this watch i.e. the VC Overseas in white

- Omega Aqua Terra and possibly a UPO

- Breitling SFSO or Chronomat Evolution

Damn you all!! *sigh*

Edited by Jumbie

No I don't doubt you, I was just curious to see the movement.

Does it look like Staphane's?

Hmmm, you still seem to doubt Ryan, and you should not. :o

Richard is trustable to me...and to a lot of long time members of RWG which is a kind of "certificate".

So if he says it's a 2824 it is for sure a 2824 ! :D

Now if you want to have more details about the Eta mvts here is a great link: www.eta.ch

If it's pictures of Eta Mvts you're looking for, I suspect there are at least a 1.000 pics available here right now.

Do not hesitate to ask though...that is the meaning of this place and why it is so great :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Kind regards,

Stephane

Thanks Stephanie.. ^_^

Your model is the previous version to the new release but not old.

The only difference is the cross, date window and hands.

But easily modded,.. check Flavor Flave's post.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/full-modded-VC-o...eas-t23905.html

Only now it's better just to ask Silix for a new dial so you can also

have the updated date window. As for hands,...only a small difference,

so no big deal.

Ryan,.. sorry, I didn't have time to take photos,... I didn't really want

to open the case as I always end up damaging my screws a bit or scratching

my caseback, and I could tell from the way the way it sounded, second hand

and how the rotor moved that it was most probably eta,.. but once I did, I was

about to go out and wanted to wear it,.. so I put it back together again...

Yes, it looks like Stephanie's movement,.. it's gold plated, and a 2428-2 or 2834

is virtually the same, except the 34 has a module for a day of the week which

is not not necessary in this piece.

Hey Jumbie,.. this piece is a must have,.. seriously, you will love it !

RT-

Just gave in. :thumbsupsmileyanim: Ordered the black one. I may just have to swap my Chieftang crystal from the white one though. IMHO, the VC Overseas has been one of the most elegant sport watches for quite a period of time. That is a fabulous rep of a $7,000 watch. Gerald Genta is a genius. Don't know why he can't get his own watches right. :bangin:

Hey Coolfire,.. I'm no AR expert, and those photos were taken by a camcorder,.. Jay

could be right,.. do you know of a test I could do ?

Hi mate... Well, don't know of any "tests" which can be carried out. But I think if it has a single-sided ar-coating, you should still see a faint, purplish-blue tint, mixed with normal reflection off the crystal... Nice change of avatar too! :yeah: