When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone else here who has a British passport.

thomasng

I know there are quite a few British members here, so I thought why not, post this question here.

Any Brits here who have a newer passport, have any of you experienced problems with the passport photo being illegible?

When I went to Paris late last year, I took my British passport that I obtained in November 2005 to enter. Only problem was, the photo was scanned improperly, and part of my hair was cutoff too, and with the holograms that cover the face, it makes it even worse. Also, since they scan the photos and print them on the page now, my face sort of disappeared into the background too.

It caused quite a problem at the Paris airport, where they kept doubting its authenticity, but eventually let me through.

No probs for me my photo isn't actually that bad lol

My photo is from 10 years ago. I've changed a lot in 10 years, mostly in the hair. Back then, I had shoulder-length coke-can red hair. Today, it's short and its natural dark-brown colour. For the last ten years, it has amused customs officers greatly and was never questioned. It's a shame to have to get a new passport with a normal-looking photo.

CDG airport has got to be the worst of it's kind anywhere on the planet, with every few hundred meters yet another arrogant uniformed ignoramous wants to look at your passport (for what????)...............

Couple this with minimum wage north africans in charge of the xray checks who have a magpie's eye for shiney watches or anything else other than what they are there for.....................

And you reach the conclusion I did years ago - donate all your AirFrance airmiles to charity and wave the goddamn place goodbye!