When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Re-Luming in Europe ?

scotty

Hi all.

I've recently had some work on a couple of PAM's done by Finepics. The work was excellent. However Finepics looks not to be available for new items for now. I'd prefer to leave him alone and recover, hoping he'll return to this hobby at a later date.

Soooooo - does anyone know of any other European 'Mini Ziggy's' up for the following on an UPO:

* re-lume hands, dial and pearl insert to correct gen colour (whatever that should be - C3?)

* correct the up-turned-legged Omega symbol on the dial

* have a go at assuring the crown thread and tube (my first PO stripped after 2 months and this one is it's replacement)

* have a go at securing the HE 'valve' - it doesn't screw down well..

I'm a non Spaniard based in Spain......

Be gentle in your repleis oh wisened ones.... :D

Hi all.

I've recently had some work on a couple of PAM's done by Finepics. The work was excellent. However Finepics looks not to be available for new items for now. I'd prefer to leave him alone and recover, hoping he'll return to this hobby at a later date.

Soooooo - does anyone know of any other European 'Mini The Zigmeister's' up for the following on an UPO:

* re-lume hands, dial and pearl insert to correct gen colour (whatever that should be - C3?)

* correct the up-turned-legged Omega symbol on the dial

* have a go at assuring the crown thread and tube (my first PO stripped after 2 months and this one is it's replacement)

* have a go at securing the HE 'valve' - it doesn't screw down well..

I'm a non Spaniard based in Spain......

Be gentle in your repleis oh wisened ones.... :D

Hi m8

i just had a recent discussion with a friend of mine on the forum pbe2410 regarding my PO 45mm and waterproofing , he told me that he has a contact in Spain and he sent his PO for 6atm waterproofing and re-lume . I dont know about other things this guy can make but if u send him a PM im sure he will be able to give u contact and more info .

regards laz

Hey,

I know of a guy over on RWI called Fleed. He is based in Spain and his work has been highly recommended. To be honest it doesn't cost much more to send it to The Zigmeister, and for parts the customs issues do not really apply.

Now that both Finepics and palpatine are MIA, this is very very good info!

Thanks all!

To be honest it doesn't cost much more to send it to Ziggy, and for parts the customs issues do not really apply.

That is absolutely true. Ziggy is worth a few extra $.

Now, when the watch itself is sent, for us EUs, it's a serious risk though.

I wish Ziggy lived in Brussels :wounded1:

Hi 2 Tom and lazarini.

Can you PM me the contact details of these 2 people in Spain? I'm going to need to send the watch, and as Zigmaster is in Canada, that's 2 high a risk 4 me.

Stephane - I've seen a number of your posts. U know of anyone else in Europe up to doing such work ?