When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My vintages

Pugwash

Ok, here's how it is. I have a 1680 and 1665. Both of them are MBW-alikes, being picked up from that stall in Bangkok that supplies the guys that sell MBWs. They're both modded with gen parts and they're both fully working, which is important if you know that both 2836 movements had issues with winding and date changing stuff.

So, here's what's in them:

Gen Crystal

Gen Crown

Gen Tube

Acrylic Pearl and modded insert (from Repaustria)

Pugged ( :whistling: ) Crown Guards

Gen crystal

Gen pearl

Ubi Datewheel

The 1680 was supposed to have a 2846 movement (the 2836 it arrived with was DOA) fitted, but I kinda ... um, yeah ... I pinged the winding ratchet spring across the room. :black_eye: I also tried one of Ubi's datewheels, but the magnification was a little high under the gen tropic and the printing was visible.

Anyway, I've taken a picture, but I've not got enough light for a good one. I hope this will do.

252496-7199.jpg

Nice work, Pug. I would love to see full frontals of each.

This shows that for some reason the datewheel isn't advancing as well as it should. Best fix that today. :D

252818-7148.jpg

The 1665 full frontal isn't as exciting as the CGs are untouched.

Still, here's a pic:

252818-7149.jpg

I'll take a full frontal next time.

I think the 1680 will look great once you get the date wheel problem solved. Great CGs. The only thing that catches my eye is that the bezel insert looks too old for the watch. With that much wear & fading, I would expect the dial & hands to be discolored at least a bit.

I think the 1680 will look great once you get the date wheel problem solved. Great CGs. The only thing that catches my eye is that the bezel insert looks too old for the watch. With that much wear & fading, I would expect the dial & hands to be discolored at least a bit.

I think I agree. I will put the insert from the 1665 on it for the next batch of pics, and see if it looks better.