When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UPO 45 on the edge to let it go ...

lazarini

Got this one as my firs rep. and like the watch but 3 weeks later got my first pam and from then on it just sits lonely in the box .

One thing i noticed on a few occasions i had it on my wrist is that i felt unconfortable with the metal bracelet and the weight of the watch ... so was wondering if i put it on some other strap maybe this will make me keep it ?

I saw lot of posts o the rubber option but due to some problems with the strap poping out im maybe skippin that ... opinions appriciated.

I was wondering is there is any kevlar strap available maybe this coud do the trick ? Or maybe a leather strap . I saw it also on nato but in my opinion watch is its to heavy for it ...

if someone tried out some of the options let me know what u think also pictures appriciated .

if i dont sort out somethin soon this one will be traded towards the next PAM :) or maybe a steelfish on rubber ...

regards laz

Hi,

its not that i find watch big ... as i tipe this i have a 217 destro on my wrist (47mm) .

Im fine with the watch size u see but looks like the bracelet feels uncofortable for me + adds to the owerall weight of it .

Rubber is a nice alternative ... specialy for the upcoming heat in the summer but atm with all the problems with the strap poping out of place ...

I would go with a black kevlar option maybe with an omega buckle or deployment clasp , anyone had tried that ?

regards laz

I found my Ultimate PO actually started hurting the back of my wrist.

Bracelet adjustment didn't help. I almost always have trouble getting a good fit with metal bracelets.

Largely due to wrist size changing as the day progresses. But this was worse than I had previously experienced.

I just couldn't get comfortable no matter what I did. A little looser and and it banged around uncomfortably.

Tighter and I got pain on the wrist back. It bothered me enough that I started wearing it less. I think it was

a combination of the weight and the shape of the watch.

For me the solution was a leather strap. I wear it so there isn't too much movement. I guess the leather has a little

give which makes it more pleasant than metal when adjusted to be a firm fit. Easy to adjust during the day if you

feel the need but I haven't so far.

I went with a black Hirsch Medici from here (just replace the hxxp with http):

hxxp://www.watchband.biz/pd878992944.htm?defaultVariants=search0_EQ_Black_AND_search1_EQ_18%20mm_AND_search2_EQ_L-Long_AND_search3_EQ_Steel_AND_{EOL}&categoryId=10

254096-6752.jpg

A bit expensive, and fiddly to fit to the watch. It took me ages to get it attached in a position that I thought was right.

But once I got it right I was thrilled with the comfort and how good it looked. Besides being able to get comfortable I

also now prefer the look of this watch with the leather strap. Sporty with an integrated look like the rubber strap, but

IMHO much nicer because the leather also looks really good in smarter settings

Depends on the look you are going for.

The strap uses special thin spring bars so you can't use the ones from the bracelet.

It doesn't come with two of these included so if you do decide to get this, make sure

you buy a couple of spring bars from the site as well.

andreww thx .

that just looks sweet indeed ! Mind tellin me thats an 22mm strap ? Where u picked it up ?

regards laz

I wouldn't like to say for 100% sure, but I think that strap is actually from a Breitling.