When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

so i was doing a search about replacing the bezel insert on my "So called perfect sub"

cableguy

I'm about to do that very same task. There IS a tutorial on the process on the board which helps. I believe you have to re-thread and countersink the hole to take the genuine tube..

would you kindly provide a link? I did a search for Crown replacement, tube replacement, tube, and found nothing?

thanks in advance

and looking around on ebay, 150.00 sounds like a lot for a crown, is that a normal price??? i also saw a few for ~60.00 then id have to find a tube as well.

Cableguy -- There are a number of 'pinned' guides in the Watch Repair & Upgrade section.

You should be able to find good used gen Triplock crowns on ebay for about $25-$45 each. Then either Cousins or ofrei sell new Swiss made aftermarket crown tubes for about the same amount. I would recommend that you read and familiarize yourself with the guides and gather the tools you need before beginning.

No problem. It is confusing when you are starting out.

Just read and read and re-read the guides until you understand and are comfortable with the procedures. None of this is really that difficult or complicated. It is very much like learning to ride a bike. It takes more practice than knowledge.

I am relatively mechanicly inclined so if i buy the correct tools, I should be able to do it. So far I've secured the part #'s of the items I need from that other forum u directed me to.....

Triplock Crown (7mm) - P/N 24-703

Triplock Tube (7mm) - P/N 24-7030

More reading to keep me up late at night :-)

I've removed the bezel on both a cn sub and tw sub and have had very little trouble. Now getting them on is a different story. The cn sub has a little bent metal ring that will have you cursing for a couple hours. The key is to put the bezel on with the metal ring before attaching the insert so you can guide the metal ring from the inside of the bezel. Those of you who have tried this know what I'm talking about. For the tw this is not necessary since the click mech is different. You just need to press evenly on the bezel which is very hard to do without the the right tools. I used the palm of my hand and a properly sized cap to a vitamin bottle. Took a couple dozen tries and 1/2 a bottle of vodka but finally got it. Good luck.

Since when did this CN sub bezel became hard to remove?? Are this different than the usual piece of thin wire retainer arround the bezel? The last sub I had (BeginMariner) was the same thin wire retainer arround the bezel just like my 2 year old subs.

It has a different set up and really is extremely difficult to remove without bending the it. The click is some absurd design that moves in an entirely design direction than the wire spring of the older Subs. I spent a good half hour prying mine off only to bend it good so that I could not get it to stay on later. Eventually, I had to glue it in place to have it stay on the watch. I posted pictures of this bezel set up a couple of months ago for others to to see as it is completely different than the spring click type - search the upgrade forum to see the mess.