When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

gen also modifies 2836-2 to a GMT, not just rep makers

bklm1234

Hey bk,

Clicking on the "Bernhardt Instumets" link in that review takes you to the page where this watch is sold. It shows various views of the watch and states it has an "ETA 2893(modified) automatic movement". So either the reviewer was incorrect or Bernhardt had troubles with the 2836-2 and switched to the 2893.

my guess 2893 is a typo (yes, the link from the review brings to a page that says 2893 modified, then clicking on Globemaster on the left pane brings to a page that says 2836 modified). I trust that John Holbrook won't mistake a 2836 for a 2893. John owns the rolexreferencepage website btw.

-bk

Guest avitt

I think that the page that Johns referenced was an older one, as it is no longer available through the manufacturer's menu. They probably started the model with the 2893, and switched to the modified 2836 to save cost. It's interesting that both versions show the same price...

If you want a 2893 mvt, it's hard to beat a Hamilton. One intersting advantage for me on a 2836 moded GMT is that the GMT hand moves smoothly instead of hourly jumps(only when adjusted with the crown). The reason it is advantageous for me is that India time is 11h30min ahead.

If you want a 2893 mvt, it's hard to beat a Hamilton. One intersting advantage for me on a 2836 moded GMT is that the GMT hand moves smoothly instead of hourly jumps(only when adjusted with the crown). The reason it is advantageous for me is that India time is 11h30min ahead.

Interesting, my timewalker GMT hand jumps hourly, and it's supposed to be a 2836 modified.

Or maybe it's a new movement based on 2836.