When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New DW Paul Newman 6263 White w/ Black Subs 7760

Guest HeWhoIsLikeGod

Guest HeWhoIsLikeGod

Okay here is my new watch! It is a DW 6263 PN with 7760 movt. It is a manual version of 7750. I had to clean some finger prints of the hands, but other than that, it was absolutley amazing to see this watch in person. It is almost flawless. The thing I love the most is the fact that it is a fully functioning chronograph as opposed to the other DW's that are frozen at the 6 sub. Please share with me your opinions on the watch and any flaws you can find and how you would correct the flaw if possible. Also, I am not in a position to be able to afford to have this watch serviced as I had to stretch my budget to afford this anyway. It was my 19th birthday present. Anyway, if one of our watchsmiths here on the board would like to service it at a substantial discount and do a review of the movt for everyone's future reference let me know. Thanks for looking.

27508-570.jpg

27508-571.jpg

27508-572.jpg

27508-573.jpg

27508-574.jpg

27508-575.jpg

27508-576.jpg

27508-577.jpg

27508-578.jpg

Edited by HeWhoIsLikeGod

Guest overboosted

I just made a mess in my pants.

Seriously though, BEAUTIFUL watch. I am no expert so I dunno the flaws but sweet. Where and how much !!

Oh yeah, hit enter after your pics and your post wont be 3 feet wide :) or is it just me?

Guest avitt

Niiiiice.

OK, so many questions...Where to start....Did you have to mode the case? How does the movement fit? Is it secure with case clamps? Who's dial is that...DW? Are you using VJ72 hands, or DW hands? Did the stem line up?

Please share what you can...This is intriguing.

Guest HeWhoIsLikeGod

I expect lots of questions as there are a few so far. I will do my best to answer them all, but I really don't know that much about the finer details of the watch. That is why I would love it if one of the watch movt. experts would volunteer to take apart and evaluate the movt. Anyway, I have to go, but I will come back later tonight and answer any questions I can.

Did you get this with the 7760 movement directly from David, or was a different movement installed after you got it?

Based on past experiences, I think that this is the same Asian 7750 (not a typo) I have seen in other watches, including the PAM 050 models...

I just finished servicing a PAM 050, which is an asian 7750 with the autowinder - but the chrono parts removed.

The "7760" is only a 7750 - with the autowinder removed. The movement would be a bit thinner than the 7750, only due to the Rotor not being on the movement. The same thing could be done with any 7750, simply remove the rotor and autowinder gears...

It would be nice to have the caseback removed so we can get the answers to the questions. There are plenty of Daytona cases that the 7750 series fits into, I suspect that this is the situation with this one.

Any way to open the caseback and take a picture?

RG

Guest avitt

I believe, based on this thread, and another member's experience, that this 7750 based watch is now DW "standard issue" Daytona. It makes those VJ23 models even more valuable...

Guest HeWhoIsLikeGod

DW actually offers the VJ72 copy or I guess it is the VJ23. I had to ask to have this movt installed because I wanted full functionality and still have manual wind. I have compared to genuines and the subdial spacing is almost dead on. I can't even notice a difference with the naked eye. I have been running the chronos for quite a few hours now and everything is smooth as can be. I love this watch and think it is a better rep than any of the vj23 reps. The only complaint I have is the cheap bracelet. I am looking to put a leather strap on the watch. I think it would take a 19mm strap, right? Where could I find a rolex buckle? And what size would I need? Lastly, anyone know where I can find a smooth black calf strap to fit this watch? I have search everywhere and can only find it with croc print, which I am not a fan of. Thanks

Guest avitt

I'm sure that this movement has advantages over the VJ23...But the drawback is the fact that you won't be able to change the dial to a genuine Singer if you want to...It may never matter to you.

Beautiful Daytona...Enjoy it!

thats very nice, i would be interested to know if the subdial spacing is correct, if so then it is definitely the better choice for this watch , wear it well, for the record the braclet should fell cheap, cause it is lol :p