When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Swimming with a leather strap

keeno

Hi

Ive ordered a PAM005 from davidsen with the black leather strap. As it is my first pam and first watch with a leather strap im unsure if the strap will be ok to wear in a swimming pool on holiday? I know its prob a daft question but i searched the forum and couldnt find an answer!

will post pics as soon as it arrives

thanks

steve

I have swam with a leather strap but eventually it will ruin it, why not get one of the velcro sports straps and use that for swimming and change out for leather in the evening before dinner.

Make sure you get your water proofing checked before you go. A lot of people wont wear a rep any where near water but i say go for it, but with a pam get it checked. Make sure you take some pics and post it of a wet pam.

Hi

Ive ordered a PAM005 from davidsen with the black leather strap. As it is my first pam and first watch with a leather strap im unsure if the strap will be ok to wear in a swimming pool on holiday? I know its prob a daft question but i searched the forum and couldnt find an answer!

will post pics as soon as it arrives

thanks

steve

I don't understand your question. Will your watch stay on your wrist if you wear it into a pool with a leather strap? Sure. Will the strap age, look different, dry out, crack or show any of the signs of hard use...of course.

If you want your replica or genuine to look new and cared for then you have to care for it. I take off my watches when I pull clothes out of the washing machine. My Dad wears his Girard Peregeaux when he paints the house. To each his own.

I wouldn't be taking any leather - belt, shoes, watch strap - into water. Definitely not chlorinated water.

Leaving chlorine in your hair can turn it green (if you have lighter hair). I don't think it will be very kind to your strap.

Getting a strap wet makes it rot. It will stink worse than an afternoon spent in an SUV filled with 4 English Sheepdogs that spent the morning swimming in the ocean.

Use the rubber strap.

Better yet, keep your rep away from water :)