When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

God demands bling

jkerouac

I found this fashion/gossip nugget on msnbc.com:

God wants Blige to wear bling

Mary J. Blige says she has found religion, but she makes no apologies for her earthly materialism. In fact, she says God has willed her to wear bling.

“My God is a God who wants me to have things,” the singer tells May’s Blender magazine. “He wants me to bling. He wants me to be the hottest thing on the block. I don’t know what kind of God the rest of y’all are serving, but the God I serve says, ‘Mary, you need to be the hottest thing this year, and I’m gonna make sure you’re doing that’.”

Blige also is not modest when it comes to her place in history. “I do consider myself part of black history,” she told the mag. “Since 1991, I’m still doing this and I’m successful. And I haven’t hurt anyone in the process.”

jkerouac comment: Funny, but my God is telling me I need another rep, whereas my wife is telling me I have too many. Who should I listen to? Or should we be telling our significant others that "God really wants me to have that Breitling/Royal Oak/Pannie/etc." ??

jkerouac comment: Funny, but my God is telling me I need another rep, whereas my wife is telling me I have too many. Who should I listen to? Or should we be telling our significant others that "God really wants me to have that Breitling/Royal Oak/Pannie/etc." ??

Always listen to god and go out and buy a Breitling/Royal Oak/Pannie/ for God's sake... :lol:

guy i know whips his kids regularly, home schooled by the wife

who is nasty to the kids..

god told them they deserved a motorhome.. so they got one, brag

about it all over tarnation..

somehow i do believe that none of the above should be

blamed on any or no deity.. at all

k