When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help a newbie out...lots of confusion

AmonRaa

I'm a new guy in replica world. Thought i have all figured it out by coming here. Wrong...

Lets start at begginning. Just want a nice watch and cant afford multi k $ one. Obvious choices are replicas. But which one?

Best value for money which means 200-300$. Which brand? Well I really like Omegas Ocean but I have tiny wrists and dont believe it would look good on me. So I started looking into Breitling and EVO looks great. Like that one:

http://www.ttwristwatch.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=1231

And just as you are certain this is the watch for you you read topics about sellers sending wrong movements, bad watches, bad customer service, kartel among big 4 etc. basicly hustling ppl.

I'm from Europe (Slovenia). Would you recommend me this watch (EVO) and at which seller? I just want the watch to function as intended and not break down in 3-6 months. Am i beeing to demanding?

I'm a new guy in replica world. Thought i have all figured it out by coming here. Wrong...

Lets start at begginning. Just want a nice watch and cant afford multi k $ one. Obvious choices are replicas. But which one?

Best value for money which means 200-300$. Which brand? Well I really like Omegas Ocean but I have tiny wrists and dont believe it would look good on me. So I started looking into Breitling and EVO looks great. Like that one:

http://www.ttwristwatch.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=1231

And just as you are certain this is the watch for you you read topics about sellers sending wrong movements, bad watches, bad customer service, kartel among big 4 etc. basicly hustling ppl.

I'm from Europe (Slovenia). Would you recommend me this watch (EVO) and at which seller? I just want the watch to function as intended and not break down in 3-6 months. Am i beeing to demanding?

I don't think you're being demanding, but there's no guarantee your watch won't stop ticking. That said, I have, and highly recommend the Evo. It's a really nice watch, and the bracelet, fit and finish is top notch. If you want to spend the money then up the ante and pay for a swiss movement. I've dealt with Andrew, and have had mostly good interactions. Good luck.

Oakland

For greater reliability go for a non-chrono ETA, or even an Asian 21J.

You would have no problem pulling off a 42.5mm Planet Ocean, even with small wrists (same size as the Chronomat Evo anyway). There are plenty of wrist shots on the forum.

The Breitling SFSO might be a decent non-chrono alternative to Chronomat Evo.

Best of luck :thumbsupsmileyanim:

hi neighbour...I am from Croatia...

you say you've got tiny wrists?!...you have the Omega Planet Ocean 42,5mm...it could be the right one for you...If I remember well, the BCE should be something like 43mm...

as for the reliability of the movements...you never know...my most expensive rep came with a broken movement (small repair - but still broken) and my less expensive rep...the first one I bought is still running strong and great...it's all about how lucky you are...generally the watch/mvt works ok...

for the start I'd advise you to get the Omega UPO "lite" version...42,5mm...and when you see how youi like it...then you can go further on and pick something bigger/different...

with reps...you never lose money...if you pay something 100$...you should be able to sell it on the boards with a min loss...if it is in mint condition...so if you don't like what you get...sell it and move on a new rep...

There are lots of skinny wrist guys on the board, so you really do have lots of options.

As others have mentioned, browse for wrist shots to get a feel for whether a given model wears "large" or not.

It isn't just the diameter that makes a difference.

How a watch looks on the wrist can also be affected by its width, countours, bezel design, and even dial layout.

Good luck, and enjoy your explorations.