When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who has the best fiddy?

reficul

Hi Folks!

I would like to hear your opinions especially those who has owned a fiddy, and would like to share your experiences with everyone.

From the previous post, it seems like Davidsen's Pam has a hit and miss finish and poor fonts, etc? But it seems to me that he has the best fiddy isn't it?

I realised that most of the fiddy has a inaccurate wider case at 6 and 12 after the bezel which the gen doesn't have the extra size.

So would like to hear your opinions and comments... And of cos, if you got a Pam 127 fiddy for sale, please pm me! Would love one that is very accurate with no explosive crystal! LOL

Thanks guys!

reficul

I've got Eddie Lee's 'best' 127 - apparantly 1:1 case, WG plated swiss mvmt, AR coated sapphire. It wasn't cheap and I don't know if he still offers it but you could ask.

After a pin fix, re-lume, service and wearing a Greg strap mine ain't for sale sorry, but good luck in your quest.

I might avaoid AR coated fiddies. Both here and at Paneristi some say the AR coat on the rep is off--too blue, I seem to remember. The "117" case is better, no matter the other features. Personally, the movement is a non issue since any collector would spot the best rep movement in 1 second, and any non collector couldn't care less. Probably you'll want a cannon pin fix, relume, and nice strap no matter which version you buy. Maybe do an aftermarket Ar coat if you buy a non coated version.

I have an EL Fiddy I bought from a member over on Replica Collector 117 case, sapphire without the blue AR hue that is a dead giveaway, and swiss 6497 without the modified plates (not a big deal cause even the best rep movement is a dead giveaway). Mounted it on a Bob Vertigo strap, now it's in to Flav for cannon pin, relume and crown guard mod. So in short the path to the best Fiddy is to pick a good base then spend the extra to mod it up.

I have an E0581 case model with dsn saphire, super lume dsn hands and cannon fix, case is a touch to fat on the sides, be aware the have been a lot of exploding fiddys due to the make up of the glass, have a search for the thread, it happend to both the 117 and 0581 cases. I would say that the best would be a 117 starting point, relume and cannon pin fix. new crystal if warranted, ie when it blows up!

I am feeling nice here is the poll i stated the crystals.

Here is the discussion about it.

Geez... Thank you very much guys for helping a noob and being so very nice here.

Seems like the best of the box is Davidsen's and I guess I will get the 127 from him... Hope he still remembers me though! ;-)

Have a great day!

Oh come on!! Nobody has pointed out that Panerai has by far the nicest Fiddy yet ? ? ? :D

Yes, finally, you did :thumbsupsmileyanim:

You say reficul: Geez... Thank you very much guys for helping a noob and being so very nice here.

By the way, it's time to suscribe to a VIP membership.

Cheers

Stephane