When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Test your CG/Crown savvy....

Justasgood

I sold an MBW and the new owner was kind enough to post a review containing a nice atta boy for my work......Of course, someone had to find a flaw so my crown gaurd work was singled out saying "Looks like he took too much off the inner gaurds".......Well, find the gen in these pictures(it is used with my digital calipers to size and shape the CG"s I mod) and tell me if Rolex took too much off the inner CG's.....Note, my gen is as it came from the factory....never polished.

Have fun and thanks.

258700-5917.jpg

258700-5918.jpg

258700-5919.jpg

258700-5920.jpg

258700-5921.jpg

258700-5922.jpg

And a little Sub love.....

258700-5923.jpg

Here goes: I would pick the second watch from the top , which looks to be the 14060 in the center at the bottom of the pile. I liked the white 1680 middle row on the left, No. 5 scrolling down, except for the big chunk out of the bottom of the case bet. the cg's.

I like the cg's on the 5513, No. 6 and on top in the group portrait, but I don't like the dial. I like the cg's on the 16610 on the RH side, but I don't like the bezel insert and the LH 16610 and the red 1680 could use an inside trimming IMO

Here goes: I would pick the second watch from the top , which looks to be the 14060 in the center at the bottom of the pile. I liked the white 1680 middle row on the left, No. 5 scrolling down, except for the big chunk out of the bottom of the case bet. the cg's.

I like the cg's on the 5513, No. 6 and on top in the group portrait, but I don't like the dial. I like the cg's on the 16610 on the RH side, but I don't like the bezel insert and the LH 16610 and the red 1680 could use an inside trimming IMO

Wow! Well thought out and accurate. The Red sub is an as of yet, un-modified MBW. As for the 16610 on the right, those CG'S are almost spot on and the insert is a Gen. The LH 16610 is as it came from a member here. The 5513 dial has been relumed by me as well as the CG's. It started life as a Rep of the Gilt 5513 and the markers were too yellow/gold looking. As for the chunk by the CG of the 1680 White......it will be rectified when I install the new date overlay on a slow beat movement.

Thanks for the response.....good eyes!

I wasn't sure about the 16610 on the right, but I guess it's the reflection in the photo on the pearl. I like the pearl on the LH 16610, also.

I have the 5513 w/ the Explorer dial and I'm still trying to figure out how to make the dial printing look more gold and less yellow. I don't mind the yellow lume markers that much, but the yellow green prints got to be fixed- or I put a gen dial on there, if it will fit.

I wasn't sure about the 16610 on the right, but I guess it's the reflection in the photo on the pearl. I like the pearl on the LH 16610, also.

I have the 5513 w/ the Explorer dial and I'm still trying to figure out how to make the dial printing look more gold and less yellow. I don't mind the yellow lume markers that much, but the yellow green prints got to be fixed- or I put a gen dial on there, if it will fit.

Did you say "Gen Dial"? As in, Gen, untouched Gilt dial?

258762-5910.jpg

Mwahahahahahahahahaha