When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Buyer's Remorse, Stupid Daytona sec @ 6

Jawo

I was so excited to see the new reps I bought from Joshua. They finally came in today, and I scrambled to unwrap them (always feels like Christmas). The first was my IWC Aquatimer Cousteau. Absolutely gorgeous!! Yes, the bezel was not perfect, but the rest was. Date alignment was very good, no scratches, no lint under crystal. The second rep was the SFSO in black dial. Friggin awesome!! Absolutely gorgeous, nice bracelet, AR, and overall look and feel. The final? A Daytona w/seconds @6. Yeah, I know. I could not help but to buy one. I love the style and despite what people have criticised about the movement, I decided to pick on up. When I unwrapped it, I was fairly impressed with the look. The feel however, was unsubstantial in comparison with the rest of my other reps. Despite that, the watch was ticking and everything looked fairly good. I tried the chronos to see if they were working. BIG MISTAKE!!! :yucky: When I went to stop and reset the chrono, the hand stoped at the 1 o'clock position. I went to start and stop again, and this time it was near the 2 o'clock position. Ah, S#!T. I can't for the life of me seem to get it back to 12. This has become an absolute buyer's remorse situation for me. I should have bought another PAM!!! If any of you have a solution to this problem, please let me know.

i've haven't had true "buyers remorse" on any of my purchases, but i have found that i have loved some watches less than others. i try to give the less loved watches a fair chance though -- i'll wear them occasionally to see if i change my mind about them. in the end, if i don't like them enough to give them the wrist time they deserve, i'll sell them on the trading board.

just my experience....

deltatahoe

Not at all. Perfect Sub is not worth it!

Get the Beginmariner for 108$ and a PO Ultimate lightfor 128$! :)

and an asian chopard gt xl (they now have the correct black datewheels) for $108 too....and you still have $$ to go around. until the big bang, costeau diver or steelfish starts calling your name. jaaaawwwoooooo :whistling:

deltatahoe

Not at all. Perfect Sub is not worth it!

Get the Beginmariner for 108$ and a PO Ultimate lightfor 128$! :)

Agreed !

Hold until you have the budget for an MBW and get something else in the meantime.

Why not a PO not light ?

Cheers

Stephane

Yeah. You gotta watch those chronos. There's numerous posts here about using them correctly so you don't break the darn thing. I've got two Daytonas, one with seconds at six that's pretty wierd, but I never had a problem with the chronos. You just need to figure out what NOT to do with 'em.

I should have bought another PAM!!!

Yes, you should have bought another PAM even were the Rolex perfect. :lol:

and an asian chopard gt xl (they now have the correct black datewheels) for $108 too....and you still have $$ to go around. until the big bang, costeau diver or steelfish starts calling your name. jaaaawwwoooooo :whistling:

deltatahoe

Thanks for the suggestions. Question though..I noticed that the upgraded Gran Turismo GT has a Asia 7750 movement in it. Isn't this movement mainly for chrono watches? Why does it use a 7750 movement and not a ETA 2836-2 instead? Is there something special about this watch that requires it to use a 7750 movement?

Thanks for the suggestions. Question though..I noticed that the upgraded Gran Turismo GT has a Asia 7750 movement in it. Isn't this movement mainly for chrono watches? Why does it use a 7750 movement and not a ETA 2836-2 instead? Is there something special about this watch that requires it to use a 7750 movement?

to be honest, i have no idea (even after being around for year, i'm still a noob :lol:)....

i just know that the people who have received the old version (with asian 21j movement) have felt like it was good value, especially given they have fixed the datewheel color....

deltatahoe