When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

timeman.net dials

yodaddynukka

Funny thing, my hardcore dive watch has screwdown pushers that are hexagonal and it comes with a small wrench (!!!!!!!!!!!) so you can make sure they are good and tight before diving.

'Course it's also rated for 3,000 feet.

Wow, you're going to be in a rough spot if you ever need to use them them at 3,000 feet under . . . you'll need to hold a small flashlight with your third hand while loosening the pushers with the small wrench ;)

Guest avitt
Would a DW bridge fit a VJ72??

It's definitely not the same shape as a VJ72 bridge. I think it would look pretty strange, as the contours would not follow the edges of the plates, like the original bridge does. However, several of these have been sold on eBay (I think the average price was over $400), and positive feedback has been left...so they must fit...right?

The bridges don't fit at all. No matter what the hype is, they do not fit. I have tried, so has my watchmaker. If the sellers are getting positive feedback it's because they have returned the buyer's money with no hassles.

Andy's redials are, well, less than good. I am not speaking about Ubi's dial. All the others are poor poor redials. Andy has great stuff, but just not his redials. Also, he has sold frankens as 100% genuine in the past on eBay. Just a word of caution folks. He is a great seller and a pleasure to deal with if you are not buying a 6542 deemed 100% OEM. Otherwise, hey, go for it.

Guest avitt

Back on topic...

Coincidentally, I receive this from timeman today:

29811-120.jpg

The "T" in Daytona is a little crooked, but it still looks pretty good to me.

...also in the package, thanks to a heads-up tip from Nanuq, was a certain curvy item, wrapped in wax paper :whistling::thumbsupsmileyanim:

There is one flaw with that dial that DW and I are trying to correct for his next silver version.

Check out the "R" and the "A" in COSMOGRAPH. They should be like the "R" in "OYSTER" and the flat top "A" in DAYTONA.

Do you know how hard it is to find that font? Man have I been looking.

cant you just scan the words from the black dial version and edit them with photoshop?!

• 1 month later...

Sorry to resurect a longtime dead thread, but the latest dial I received from DW appears to have a flat top 'A' on 'cosmograph', I'll post better pics when I get the dial back ;)

AND... the corronet is placed to the right position, probably the greatest improvment on it, in my eyes to the least as I did not even notice before reading this post that the gen dials had flat tops 'A' on the 'cosmograph' !! :blush:

here is a gen dial

post-17-1149596305_thumb.jpg

Ludo-

How is the overall finish of the dial? Is the radial finish more prominent in this version? Are the subdials still glossy? I know Bob was working these issues with DW, and each step had become progressively better and better. I'd like to see how things are looking as of current :)

If you can, please post some pics!

It's the silver dial I showed you Randy,

Radial finish exists but is quite weak. IMHO not as good as Tony's from Timeman...

In some pics it looked like a YM dial, but it was due to the flash and the pigments' reflection...

On this dial AFAIK (dial is not with me now ;)) the corronet is lowered and the A does appear to have a flat top 'A' however like Bob said, no serif, once the perfect dial is out, I take 5 immediatly...