When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

timeman.net dials

yodaddynukka

Andy is an honest seller and delivers. I have purchased from him in the past with very good results.

With regard to dials, I would ask to make sure it was 100% authentic as he does traffic quite a bit in refinishes. The refinished dial quality are of okay quality IMO (The Zigmeister can do much better) and the pricing can be a bit hot.

I wish he would give up his policy of selectively posting prices.

Jet

They're near impossible to find, but a properly done refinished dial is fine. Timeman is quite reputable, unlike most of the dial sellers you may find on Ebay who will post a pic of a genuine dial from the back, but the one you get will have no such markings. The thing you have to watch on a refinished dial is the subdial finish. The originals are cut like a record - one continuous cut giving the impression of concentric circles, whereas the redials are usually flat and smooth in appearance. DW dials give the correct visual impression on the subdials, by the way.

Guest avitt
that is the exact dial i want!!! too bad the DW i am getting is the 6265...

You should be happy that you're getting the 6265. DW said that the factory is discontinuing the steel bezels (due to lack of demand)...yours will be among the last.

Guest avitt

...Plus, those steel bezels hold up much better than the acrylic ones. With the black bezel, there's a good chance you'd be looking for a replacement in six months.

Guest avitt
i always liked the look of the black dial better than the silver, but i am sure once i have it on my wrist, i will be easily swayed to love the silver dial just as much. what are some of the "must have" mods for thie piece?

In my opinion, the only real "must have" is a genuine Tropic 21 crystal (about $35).

Pick up some of these spring bars from eBay:

SPRINGBAR PINS OLD STYLE ROLEX & TUDOR 19mm

They look good, and they fit the lug holes without the need to redrill.

You might also want to upgrade to a genuine Triplock crown and tube. Maybe pick up a black bezel, so you can swap them when you feel like it. You're already changing to a strap....There's really not much more that you can do with the DW. It's a really excellent rep, just as it comes.

Must concur with A-

The DW's with the V23 copy movements are aesthetically 97% there as they come (provided DW has included all the right parts, like end links, etc). Only further mods that one could do are the crystal, springbars, and the crown and tube. If you're really picky, you could swap dials, but I don't think it's absolutely necessary.

hmmmm... what if i can source a v72 and decide to use the chronos? would it be worth it then? i mean i would like it to screw down properly regardless...

My advice is to not use the chrono of a 30 YO VJ72 anyway...but again I tend to be very cautious with chronos...

And I don't have any problem with the screw down pushers of my DWs, they screw-down REAL tight!

Edited by halley

A DW does indeed, having the latest technology from ancient Greece. Not to be confused with the Asian "chronometr" or the lovely Swiss "chronometre" this is a new beast... heretofore known as "chronus interruptus".

You may immediately identify Chronus Interruptus by one of two methods:

1) Upon activation the center seconds hand makes <1 orbit of the dial before halting.

-or-

2) Upon successful transit of the dial the center seconds hand will continue on its merry way, ignoring suggestions of its master and owner, until it apparently dies of old (young) age.

A reclusive beast, Chronus Interruptus appears likewise recalcitrant. HOWEVER it has been reported that sir The Zigmeister of clan Zumba is in possession of the secrets needed to tame the creature.

Cheers!

Well bugger me with a sharp pencil. So thats what those sticky out things are for on the case :Jumpy: