When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Will this watch accept a VJ 72

tonyp1

It could be a DW. It is very hard to tell from the outside if it is the case for the Vj23 or the Vj72. If you remove the movement and look from the inside you can see on the Vj23 case that the winder hole is out of line of the pushers. It is a little bit closer to the crystal. It is difficult to fit the Vj72 into the Vj23 case because of this. Do you know what movement is in your watch now? If it is the mystery movement, I wish you luck.

Im just kinda freaking now cause I purchased a vj72 from a watch peddler here in indy. Now Im looking for a suitable dial, hands and bridge I already have gen pushers, crown/stem (not installed). I dont know what to make of this as Im reading conflicting posts.

Edited by tonyp1

Guest RiverwindMDS

It says that the movement has a different layout even on the dial respect the vj72 so you can't put a valjoux 72 in that case and with that dial.

Looks like you might be outta luck.

7750, V72 and V23 movements are different sizes.

7750 layout and V72/V23 layout are not the same.

V72 and V23 do not share the same thickness (hence the different stem location).

And DW Mystery Movement (aka Copy V23) does not share the same canon pinion sizes as V23 or V72 ---> meaning that the hands are not interchangeable.

DW cases do not accept OEM Pushers.

You can only use a 7750 in a 7750 case, u can only use a V23 in a DW V23 case, etc...

I hope that you can get your dinero back.

Heard from my watchmaker yesterday, He said my will watch will accept the VJ72. I thought this might be the case as the DW and EE have the same pusher arrangement. My watch also has a ETA 7750 not a asian copy. So now all I need is a dial, hands and a case back! Almost there...

I was also wondering If I could have the ETA 7750 installed in the sec @ 6 model I have on order?

Edited by tonyp1

Wow, I am puzzled by this news. The 7750 is way thicker than V72. In fact, in the old days (way before DW existed) when the EE reigned supreme, nobody made an EE V72 conversion because it was deemed as not possible. It's great to hear that this conversion might actually be possible.

I look forward to hearing about the outcome of your project! :secret::tu:

Cheers