When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what happens when you send in your vintage gen to flavor flav?

flavor flav

i had to share this... it is too cool :) this is a vintage bulova from the 40's... sent to me because it was completely dead... the movement was totally black and gummed up. no sign of life.. the dial, while it had a nice patina, was pretty weathered as well.. i wanted to preserve the vintage look of the dial so i mixed a thin coat of c3 to transparently cover the old non-glowing lume and still leave the patina. i cleaned all the dirt and stains from the dial before reluming. the movement after full disassembly and more than a few cycles through the ultrasonic cleaner and some fresh lube.. came out to an almost mirror like polish and runs smooth as silk.. i wish i took some "before shots but this is the result.. i cannot wait to give this back to the owner. it's for a friend of mine so i went a bit over the top for him.......fully flaved!!

notice i preserved the vintage patina of the lume markers.

261904-5214.jpg

striking movement in this one!!! they don't make them like this anymore....unless you want to spend big $$$$

261904-5215.jpg

the best part :) what would a "flaved" watch be without the vintage superluminova???

261904-5216.jpg

Great job Flav, too bad you didnt take pics before the job ;)

Anyway again, great a fatastic job here :)

haha! yes... i was planning on a simple fix but could not help myself.. so i did not take before shots. it was supposed to be a simple "make it run again" but got over the top and came out awesome...