When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Navitimer

bbell6

I was assuming the newer second generation Navitimers (3-6-9) would be the better choice. However, I'm afraid the slide rule not lining up would really bug me. Are there any shortcommings on the earlier generation that couldn't be remedied with a genuine dial and a 7753 movement? Am I correct in assuming that a genuine dial and 7753 movement woldn't fix the slide rule issue on the newer version?

Update - I purchased one of the 1st generation 3-6-9 Navitimers whith SS bracelets and have a 7753 and a replica strap on the way. Anyone have any ideas regarding a genuine dial. Would prefer a black dial with arabic numerals.

Thanks,

Ben

The second generation is in my oponion the better all round watch. I have a first generation, and also a second gen, and with the second gen you get the benefit of a better date font and the newer movement. I doubt you would notice the misalignment, the Navitimer dials are so complex as it is, its not going to be that noticeable.

As far as the movement goes, the 7753's are very hard to find, and are very pricey, so I would buy one and have it serviced.

For the mod you are planning, you are 100% correct. The 1st gen Navis have the accurate slide rule, and more importantly, hands that are compatible with a 7753. A gen dial is also required, as the date window on the rep is in the wrong position. The dial will need to be carefully ground down, as it is about 1mm too big for the rep case. Other than that everything should fit together nicely. Having said that, I have yet to see anybody do this mod, probably because of the high cost and rarity of the 7753 movement.

I sent an e-mail inquiry about that watch last night and haven't heard anything yet.

He'll get back to you. If it isn't sold, I'd snap it up. Great price with all those mods, its as close as you will ever get to a gen without paying full pop :thumbsupsmileyanim:

He'll get back to you. If it isn't sold, I'd snap it up. Great price with all those mods, its as close as you will ever get to a gen without paying full pop :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I missed out on that one. I apparently e-mailed him during one of the times he thought he had it sold. It then went back on the market, but by the time I read the updated thread, it had been sold again.

Therefore, I'm back to the 3-6-9 project. Wondering if anyone knows where I might locate a genuine dial and what the going rate is for one of these.

• 4 weeks later...

Update - I purchased one of the 1st generation 3-6-9 Navitimers whith SS bracelets and have a 7753 and a replica strap on the way. Anyone have any ideas regarding a genuine dial. Would prefer a black dial with arabic numerals.

Thanks,

Ben

Thanks,

Ben

There's a guy on ebay who has many breitling dials--don't know if any are correct for the Navi but it would certainly be worth your time to take a look.

BTW, Does anyone know where it might be possible to find an 18k bezel? I'm thinking it wouldn't fit the rep case, though, in light of the dial mods needed.

There's a guy on ebay who has many breitling dials--don't know if any are correct for the Navi but it would certainly be worth your time to take a look.

I've been monitoring this guys auctions. So far I haven't seen the dial I need. I've been thinking about contacting him to see if he has access to one. Are his dials real? or copies?