When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

When the post screws up

Febus

Hopefully this is just me getting paranoid but I'll tell you the full story and take your advice.

I posted off three watches over a week ago to trusted members of the board. One arrived. The other 2 have not. The sender TNT advises 3 working day maximum. I never used this sender before but paid extra for insurance and the packages require a signature on delivery.

So I go to find out what the hell is going on and TNT tell me that because these packages are sent outside the Netherlands they cannot track them!!!!!! They say they will send out some forms to initiate an investigation but it could take upto a month. As you can imagine I'm [censored] off in the extreme with this, particularly as the people at the office where I sent it said I could use www.tracktrace.nl to monitor their progress. Turns out they were either lying or couldn't understand my Dutch or my English.

So the question is this, how long do I reasonably wait for the packages to show up before refunding the other members? I trust them both to tell me if they arrive after I refund them so what I'm asking for here is a consenus on best practice. It seems to me if I wait 2 weeks from posting then I've given them maximum chance to arrive but this could just be wishful thinking on my part.

What pisses me off most about this isn't the potential loss of 2 very nice and hard to find reps but the fact I'm left looking like an unreliable [censored], most likely due to the actions of some light fingered employees of the carrier. Annoyed isn't a strong enough word. :blowup:

Hi Febus,

coworker purchased a watch from a member of the boards here that was also sent from NL via TNT , now he waited more then 2 weeks for it and finaly it arrived without problem ill go and ask him to post here the exact time but the way i see it the watches might be on the way , so i propose u hold on for a few days before raising any kind of actions .

PS the taravel was NL to Slovakia ...

regards laz

hi friend,

okay - so here is my story:

I bought a pam from a guy in NL. He was kind to me waiting for 4 days tull my paypal accound (new one) got the verification. than he posted the watch (trace & track no. incl.)

I was waiting for almost 2 weeks till it showed up.

the really strange thing is that even if I payed the extra 10 euro for trace and track, I was not able to find and track down the order - not even one day before it arrived!

I presume it just takes some time getting things - the really annoying thing is that I always purchase only from EU citizens - since i don wanna chance it to get lost at customs. - and even if it is in EU - takes twice as much time as posting from US!!!!

Laz is solving a similar problem at the moment. as advised by the post office - one week late is still too early to start investigation...

maybe you just need to wait for few more days... than start some actions. (hmm - but what can we do in such a case???)

good luck to you.

keep us updated.

Thanks for the comments people, I guess we wait a while then. It does seem very odd to me that one package arrives in 2 days to a place hundreds of miles away and across 2 seas and the other 2 which only have a matter of a 4 hours drive to get to haven't arrived at all.

There's a moral to this story- TNT post suck. I won't be using them again. I do wonder if perhaps some of the delay is due to customs suspecting any package that comes from the Netherlands due to the rather wonderful policy on recreational smoking products.

Update:

It turns out the last of the watches I sent actually turned up today. That just leaves one I sent to Paris that seems to be AWOL. Maybe the French customs are having a cow because the package came from that well known centre of deviancy the Netherlands and it might be full of grade A skunk weed.

Either that or some nice customs/post guy is now enjoying a 'TW best SD'.

In any case TNT are not to be trusted and I'd advise any member from Nederland not to use them at all for sending stuff to other members. It just isn't worth the hassle.

I think all is good as i have now recived my watch too and was the last missing.

So finally no harm there ...

Just a little worry due to TNT false promise about delivery time and tracking ... but at the end it does get thrue .

Anyway your care and trust was much apreciated Febus.

Not to steel the post, but Fedex is no better.

My package with two watches from China was delivered to someone named Zoe in the UK on Monday, despite it being addressed to Norway. Even the fedex traking site says so.

Called them, and they didn't have a clue why this happened. And still no feedback from them as to when I will receive it.

I am reconciliating with my country post service hearing all that.

On a second thought no, it still stays worse than them all.