When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

unknown movement

FxrAndy

Can any one id the below movement, details are as follow

looks like eta

good finish

from late 50 early 60s (could be newer though!!!)

as you can see from sandoz (swiss not the hk one)

2 pos crown

date moves clock wise

winds in both directions

has faint markings under balance same shape as eta but with a strange H shape i have tried to recreate the H below

Thanks guys

post-1258-1181769747_thumb.jpg

post-1258-1181769788_thumb.jpg

I don't think that movement is as old as you think. Might have been a replacement. You don't see many automatic watches other than Rolex until the late 60's or early 70's. Plus, how long has Sandoz even been in business? Maybe a miyota or seagull movement? I'm no expert here but those are my feelings.

I don't think that movement is as old as you think. Might have been a replacement. You don't see many automatic watches other than Rolex until the late 60's or early 70's. Plus, how long has Sandoz even been in business? Maybe a miyota or seagull movement? I'm no expert here but those are my feelings.

They have been in the bizz quite a while.

The history Sandoz began in 1530 with the birth of Johannus Sandoz in the Locle (Neuch

pics are bad

but this isn

Hi...

The "H" in an ETA Logo under the Balance says, that this movement is an FHF (Fabrique Horloge Fontainmelon). As one of the oldest swiss Movement Manufacturers (founded in 1793), FHF was a founder of the Ebauches SA, wich was followed by ETA. In the late 1970's production with the old FHF Logo stopped, until then only Movements with ETA Logo and Parts for them were produced.

Unfortunatly I did'nt find anything about that specific Movement... :(

Thanks Mickey, that sounds good to me, i used to have a picture of all the different manufactures markings and that would have solved this one sooner, thanks, after a look in better light i can make out that is has 905 by the logo as well, so now i can refine my reaserch, Thanks all