When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Myota movement?

Hello everybody! I live in Thailand and have recently become interested in replica watches. But with all the scammers and different qualities I would have lost interest if it wasn't for you guys. So thanks for this great place and for sharing your knowledge.

Now to my question:

I just bought a Submariner LV and the dealer told me it has a Myota movement. Can someone help me identify this movement. Also, is there any place/site I can use as a reference (with pictures) for identifying different movements as I don't want to bother you guys everytime I buy a new watch. I'm totally into replicas now and want to learn as much as possible.

Thanks,

Tony

30457-40594.jpg

30457-40595.jpg

30457-40596.jpg

Hello everybody! I live in Thailand and have recently become interested in replica watches. But with all the scammers and different qualities I would have lost interest if it wasn't for you guys. So thanks for this great place and for sharing your knowledge.

Now to my question:

I just bought a Submariner LV and the dealer told me it has a Myota movement. Can someone help me identify this movement. Also, is there any place/site I can use as a reference (with pictures) for identifying different movements as I don't want to bother you guys everytime I buy a new watch. I'm totally into replicas now and want to learn as much as possible.

Thanks,

Tony

30690-40540.jpg

30690-40541.jpg

30690-40542.jpg

This is the Miyota 8125. I have one of this that is more than a year now and still very accurate. I like this movement, simple and cheap.

It certainly is of the Miyota design, but in the first picture there appears to be a crown under the balance, which is the trademark of a chinese watch movement company. It may not be manufactured by the Miyota company.

Yes this is a Chinese copy of the Miyota 8125.

is there any place/site I can use as a reference (with pictures) for identifying different movements

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&uswk

(several movement descriptions include links to pdf files with specs and drawings)

And yes, it definitely is a rep of Miyota 82xx:

30740-40532.jpg

Big thanks everbody for helping me out!

From what I understand, a chinese copy doesn't have to be a bad thing and can almost be as good as the real thing or am I wrong?

Now I am waiting for the latest model of the same watch with ETA-movement. It should be interesting to see if that's a copy too.

/Tony

From what I understand, a chinese copy doesn't have to be a bad thing and can almost be as good as the real thing or am I wrong?

You are not wrong, but good chinese copies seem actually limited to Miyota and the 'new' 7750.

Sorry for crashing this thread but I just want to say two things.

First thank you Pete for populating our links area, and also if anyone comes across good watch links please follow Pete's example and post them in our links section.

Ken

Sorry for crashing this thread but I just want to say two things.

First thank you Pete for populating our links area, and also if anyone comes across good watch links please follow Pete's example and post them in our links section.

Ken

Ouch, Ken, my apologies. I still not get accustomed with that new link section -- to my shame, as it is a great new idea.