When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ultimate Seamaster Professional

TimeBandit

The Omega Seamaster Professional in classic Bond Blue is one of my all time favorite watches. However, it seems at least from my last set of research that the REP still contains many flaws. For example, and to mention a few as I am sure a few WIS know more

1) Bezel alignment - not a big thing, can be fixed

2) Placement of the HE valve is too low

3) Crystal requires AR coating

4) Bracelet should be designed with Pins, not screws

5) 3:00 clock marker missing on some reps

6) Co-Axil label missing

7) incorrect Bezel Pearl size

8) Serial number

Now, if there was an Ultimate Seamaster, I am sure our dealers/manufacturer would make allot of money as this seems to be very popular on the boards.

Would there be a way to get some interest from one of our dealers to revisit this model. Its just aggravating to me to have so many choices in regards to brand and model type, but each respectively with so many flaws. Personally, I rather have a few really good reps, than allot of poorly made models.

Any thoughts?

The Omega Seamaster Professional in classic Bond Blue is one of my all time favorite watches. However, it seems at least from my last set of research that the REP still contains many flaws. For example, and to mention a few as I am sure a few WIS know more

1) Bezel alignment - not a big thing, can be fixed

Yes.

2) Placement of the HE valve is too low
Yes, but I doubt anyone would notice.

3) Crystal requires AR coating

Yes, I guess. Although the chrono version doesn't have AR. I'm not 100% sure if the standard Bond does, either.

4) Bracelet should be designed with Pins, not screws
This applies only to the current rep models.

5) 3:00 clock marker missing on some reps

Ditto. Old ones had excellent dials.

6) Co-Axil label missing
Nope. Only the newest gens that have red Seamaster writing use the co-axial movement.

7) incorrect Bezel Pearl size

Show me a rep with perfect pearl and I'll show you a three-legged woman.

8) Serial number
Who cares?

Now, if there was an Ultimate Seamaster, I am sure our dealers/manufacturer would make allot of money as this seems to be very popular on the boards.

Would there be a way to get some interest from one of our dealers to revisit this model. Its just aggravating to me to have so many choices in regards to brand and model type, but each respectively with so many flaws. Personally, I rather have a few really good reps, than allot of poorly made models.

Any thoughts?

This was a "super rep" 2 years ago. Not perfect, but it's still the best. Try sourcing one of these through a member trade.

264740-4751.jpg

I think TimeBandit has something, I know the SMP has been around a long time, like a comfy pair of slippers, but the sole is definately wearing thin ! If the collectors (or whatever we're supposed to call them these days), can keep improving on the PO, can't they do the same for the SMP and bring out a true and faithful rep of the latest "Co Axial" SMP? The POS that Josh is selling as the latest SMP is a step back to the dark ages. That's my 2p's worth... :g:

By-Tor

I appreciate your point by point commentary.

However, In general, what made the Planet Ocean so successful for both the board members and our dealers who went to extreme lengths, was the attention to detail and a higher level of quality.

I would tend to believe that both the board members and the dealers made out well in the end.

The point is, one would think the dealers can recognize this fact, and should be attempting to increase quality levels in order to increase demand.

I have to believe fixing the bezel insert, using the pearl specs from the planet ocean, using the HE valve concept from the PO, fixing the 3:00 clock marker, combined with AR coating would make the Seamaster as successful as the PO.

I understand that manufacturing operations mass produce, but sooner or later, that batch run should be out of stock sooner or later....

• 1 month later...

I would really like the SMP to be my next rep. I have been looking around on the forum here and at different vendor sites to try and find the best available one.

I could really use some guidance here. What is going to be my best bet for a good SMP? I'm most interested in quality look, feel and accuracy to the gen.

I could really use some guidance here. What is going to be my best bet for a good SMP? I'm most interested in quality look, feel and accuracy to the gen.

Use the search functionality as well as read By-Tor's guide to Omegas......hope that helps :)

The "Mighty" Seamaster Professional has turned on my "Do-Not-Buy" list because the gens are going for under $1K on the secondary markets. Scan eBay and many can be found at incredible prices...Here are examples:

1) http://cgi.ebay.com/Omega-Seamaster-300-Pr...1QQcmdZViewItem

2) http://cgi.ebay.com/Omega-Seamaster-Profes...1QQcmdZViewItem

3) http://cgi.ebay.com/OMEGA-SEAMASTER-PROFES...1QQcmdZViewItem

Just my 2 cents...

Use the search functionality as well as read By-Tor's guide to Omegas......hope that helps :)

Thanks, but the recommendations you gave have me chasing my tail so to speak. By-tor's review makes no recommendation as to which collectors or websites have the best rep. In fact, his review says to refer to the Omega section. Which brings us to where I am now. I used the search function and found this thread. It seems quite relevant to my current query. Which website/collector would you recommend? If you were to purchase a Seamaster Pro this week, where would you purchase it from?

I really appreciate all the knowledge and reviews that you have all put together. This forum has been very helpful.

It's a stab in the dark either way. Sometimes a seller sends a good watch, and other times the same seller sends a lemon. Try to find a seller who will show you a pic of the actual watch you're getting. I think Ruby does this, but I also think her SMP is missing the 3 o'clock marker. Precious Time gets good reviews -- not sure about the 3 o'clock marker. Personally, I think it's the worst flaw on the new SMPs and I wouldn't purchase an SMP without a 3 o'clock marker. Try to find sellers who get the best reviews the most often and check out their websites. Maybe ask them beforehand about the 3 o'clock marker and see if they give you a straight answer. A lot of sellers drop-ship so they may just be telling you what you want to hear. Buyer beware is never more true than with reps. There's no one go-to seller for any particular watch since stock is always shifting and what gets sent out one week may be different from what gets sent out the following week.

Guest carlsbadrolex

I know the seller of the GEN SMP above (the middle one in Irvine, CA). He ALWAYS has them available for just under $1000. I have bought two GEN Omegas from him, and it seems he has always had the best prices here in SoCal.

I know the seller of the GEN SMP above (the middle one in Irvine, CA). He ALWAYS has them available for just under $1000. I have bought two GEN Omegas from him, and it seems he has always had the best prices here in SoCal.

I've added "that So-Cal seller" to my "Favorite Sellers" list. I've been watching his auctions and will be making another gen purchase soon! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks, but the recommendations you gave have me chasing my tail so to speak. By-tor's review makes no recommendation as to which collectors or websites have the best rep. In fact, his review says to refer to the Omega section. Which brings us to where I am now. I used the search function and found this thread. It seems quite relevant to my current query. Which website/collector would you recommend? If you were to purchase a Seamaster Pro this week, where would you purchase it from?

I really appreciate all the knowledge and reviews that you have all put together. This forum has been very helpful.

Just got mine from Silix. I am very pleased with the quality and the whole transaction. Not only was the watch the best price for the current smp, but it was inspected prior to shipping, communication was very good, and shipping fast (5 days from China to East Coast US via San Francisco). Has all of the the rep issues as described above, but these are really pretty minor when considering the whole.

Some photos and a link to my brief review of the purchase on RWI:

http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28760

287430-7632.jpg

287430-7633.jpg

287430-7634.jpg

287430-7635.jpg

287430-7636.jpg

thanks for the info. It looks great. I do see what you were saying about the date sitting a bit high. Should I be concerned about the stripped screw issue that you have on the bracelet?

The stripped screw thing may be - oddly enough - a common problem. Stephane recently did a review here of a new smp from PT that seemed to have the same issue with the bracelet:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/Omega-Seamaster-...-PT-t30692.html

Could be a coincidence . . .wonder if other members have had similar experiences. . .